Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to talk the wife (no pics of wife) into a trip over Christmas. Mainly to avoid the usual BS and obligatory parties and whatnot. Also because I cringe thinking about setting up the decorations and tree, then pulling it down, etc.

So I'm looking for ideas for a venue that includes fishing, and excludes BS. I'd go back to the Keys in a minute, but would like to hear any ideas.

What ya'll got?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Bermuda.... coral reefs just a mile or two offshore.... the whole country is half the size of Pensacola... check out Royal Palms (a boutique hotel with the best restaurant)

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good suggestions, thanks!

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
There's this nice little cabin on the Alabama River......

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Peace River, not much fishing but you can find bunches of fossils. Sharks teeth, Mammoth Teeth, Megaladon Teeth etc. Nice quite campgrounds. We go every few years.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There's this nice little cabin on the Alabama River......
That's true Mark, but the little folkers would find us there. Grandad told me to cross a river and 2 interstates for a side date. Same holds for skating on Christmas around our family.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Heh, if you had my money you'd go to Selma Alabama.

Dang, if I had yours and Jacks money I'd burn mine b/c I'm near enough to Selma. :mad:
I could definitely see myself around Jacksonville or St. Augustine around Christmas time with the boat one year though.

Reactions: jack2

·
Registered
8,378 Posts
I agree with Brian. Cedar Key is a great, relaxing getaway. Be careful if you take a boat - lots of shallow oyster bars.
Also watch the tides. The ramp is a mud pit at low tide.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cedar Key is on the short list! Any guide recommendations?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts