Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hunting in the area of Pine Barren Rd. and Hwy. 164 this year. I am new to that area. Does anyone know what the hog population is around there?

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
If my ex-wife is around there ..... PLUS ONE MORE!!!!

Ahhahhaahhaahhaaa!!!:moon

·
Registered
136 Posts
i used to hunt that area a lot and have never seen any hogs there before but thats not saying it hasn't chaged either over the last couple of years . i know some people that hunt over there too and they have never said anything about it either .

·
Registered
913 Posts
Rammer Jammer andI hunted that area for a couple of years and never once saw a hog but that was 10 years ago things could have changed by now.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ithaca37 (9/10/2008)Yeah, I didn't think so but I was holding out for hope.
Why in the world would you WANT hogs on your lease ? I know they are fun to shoot and great to throw on the grill, but you obviously haven't had to pay to replant enough food plots if you want them there... Deer won't hang around with them around either

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh I know, but it is not one I plan on planting. Nothing has turned over my feeder so I am assuming there are no hogs.

·
Apex
1,348 Posts
I have hunted that area for years and have never seen a hog. There are a few killed every year and when I say a few its less than 10. Last year i witnessed 2 or so brought back to the club.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Not sure if there are any around there. I have hogs on my lease, we put some feed out around the back side of the plots. We have not had any problems with them tearing up our plots. I was also in a hunting club, we had hogs on our plot. We took one every now and then but mostly liked to watch. And that about deer want hang around if hogs are there. It may be different for some but we have seen deer, hogs, and turkey at the same time. The guys in our last club voted, and decided that hogs were a problem and went on a shooting rampage. Like i said i like to hunt and eat, but I am not gonna just kill off wild animals because they are eating my deer plots or corn. Sorry to derail your thread. Good luck on hunting.

·
Registered
336 Posts
i like your stance on hunting ,im from west by god virginia and if your caught shooting something and your not eating it your gonna get a butt kickin, thanks, thats what huntings all about

1 - 11 of 11 Posts