Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,
I'm an avid hunter that is new to the area. Trying to get some of my Marine buddies into hunting. We don't make a hell of a lot of money so joining a club is a no-go. Anyone know of an area that has an abundance pigs around the Pensacola / Pace area that need killing? I know there are some farmers out there who have pig issues...

We checked out Blackwater but apparently piggies aren't year round. I've heard that there are pigs in Escambia River WMA but it requires a boat.

Any help / advice / hook ups are much appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Blackwater has it open then weekend for dog hunters go on the fwc an search blackwater hog hunting maybe yall have luck out there around munson area that's where well hunting tonight with the dogs when I get off work just do your research of the area I've never been out there but one time an we seen a few good areas thay were in at but hog will walk forever around here

·
Registered
507 Posts
Prob gonna be hard to get an invite, and folks will protect there hog spots like it was gold lol. I had a couple guys just started to hog hunt, I took them on a hunt in some of my favorite spots, hogs and rooting everywhere...I went back to to that same spot and there where 3 4x4 big ass trucks and my two newbies standing there with a nice hog, drinking beer with there buddies....Well moral of story, ( I use too have a special spot...)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Prob gonna be hard to get an invite, and folks will protect there hog spots like it was gold lol. I had a couple guys just started to hog hunt, I took them on a hunt in some of my favorite spots, hogs and rooting everywhere...I went back to to that same spot and there where 3 4x4 big ass trucks and my two newbies standing there with a nice hog, drinking beer with there buddies....Well moral of story, ( I use too have a special spot...)
thats unfortunate :thumbdown:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oysterman is right that's y there's a very very few that hunt with me an my buddy take one person then that buddy brings his then u got there whole crowd there in that spot you took your time the scout an find an everything

·
Registered
905 Posts
Try'n Hard Your a Trip... LOL,,, But good humor... Truth is some of the ole boys around here are mighty partial to sharing there pig stye... An have given warning shots to remove poachers I hear??? HUMMMM... : "GOOD ADVICE " Get a invites, I wouldnt wonna here about any members being dismembered ya know,,, My 1/2cents worth. ole carver

·
Registered
14,927 Posts
Yeah man. I was just jokin around again. Shadows avatar picture along with his wanting to "get a bunch of his marine buddies together and kill some piggies" painted a picture in my mind of a Marine assault on the upper Escambia river. I'm sure they are a fine bunch of boys!! Somebody let em hunt!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gents,
Thanks for all the comments. Agreed, can't trust people when it comes to spots. I suppose I'll have to find them. No worries--I can find oinkers. I'll stick to the WMAs and network.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts