Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
So many benefits of the PA. The storage is fantastic so bring a wide neck G2 bottle for #1. I have a livewell(which I use as a Drybox) so only have the center scupper holes by the seat and honestly I think it is easier to move that way with the wheels. The issue for me is not getting the PA14 to the water, it is removing and adding the wheels at the waters edge before and after fishing. Having to tip the boat on its side to insert or remove the wheels has been my issue so I bought a trailer to launch like a boat when a ramp is avail.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The only issue I have with the outback is not having the ability to reach around and grab something from behind me without having to be cautious. I reached behind me once (only time on an outback)to clear some lines and next thing I know the bow is rising, stern is sinking all while rolling to the right (same side I was reaching on) and over she went....all happening to quick to stop yet in super slow motion at the same time. I am now bobbing in the water watching $500.00 worth of gear get donated to Davey Jones locker. I still had a great day but bought a PA14 and never had to worry about stability again! Sure she is heavy for 10 or 20 minutes, but in between I get hour after hour after hour of pure unadulterated offshore fishing pleasure and no worries!
That’s why I tie everting down with leashes from now on. I used to go fishing in my PA when I probably shouldn’t have. I rolled it twice, both times in the surf. First time I lost some gear next time it was all tied down so I just pulled the tie downs and my rods, net etc was there

21 - 22 of 22 Posts