Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I recently picked up a older Hobie Adventure for a really good price but it does need a bit of work on the rudder and bungees and such. As such I was wondering if there are any shops near Pensacola that service Hobie Kayaks that can give them a "tune up"?

Mostly just looking for Rudder work but if they can do other stuff as well to save me the time and effort than that would be amazing as well. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
Pensacola Kayak & Sail
3009 Olde Barrancas Ave.
Pensacola, FL 32507
ph: 850.456.5856

Hours of Operation
9:00 am - 5:00 pm

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response but they do not provide kayak maintenance on hobies. At least that is what they told me today.

I'll have to try key sailing since they are the hobie dealers in this area. I just wish they would answer the phone...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
If nothing else works I know for sure Liquid Surf and Sail on 98 in Ft Walton Beach does work like that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought my Hobie from "Everything Kayak," in Gulf Port, MS. They outfitted whatever I requested on site. I'd try them or possibly "The Fairhope Boat Co." they are a dealer nearby, I have no personal experience with.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
IN all seriousness, YouTube it...most of the materials are available from Austin Kayak (google them).

Most, if not all, of the Hobie issues can be fixed in the field with very little tools. So, if you're at the house with basic tools, YouTube, and a parts kit from Austin Kayak then you'll be good to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts