Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right guys and gals, let's start a hints and tips section or thread. I will start, use a pool noodle for a padded shooting rail, and a padded back rest. Fill a fence pipe with quick crete to pull behind your quad for a food plot drag with a section of 4 ft chain link.

·
Super Moderator
28,282 Posts
Yepper, fer a shooting rail I always used pipe wrap and camo tape fer rails....and a drag behind the disc...I use a RR tie.

On food plots/stands,if you don't want to famalirize yourself w/ yardage use surveyor ribbon and it also serves as a wind direction guide....

If you leave a self climber on a tree fer any extended period of time....deer get use to seeing it on the ground so when they are near and it is not there they get suspicious...(imagine someone coming in your house and taking a chair away, you would notice) If you leave it in the woods try to conceal it w/ branches (not only works fer deer, but thieves too)

I left this tip on food plots at the old forum, but i soak my pea/bean seeds in water fer 12 + hours to help start the growth...It softens the seeds so you must hand spread them but it works fantastic....

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
You're gonna laugh at this one, but think about it.

Don't pee in the woods. :nonono Take a plastic milk jug into the woods with you to urinate into.

Deer can recognize human urine a mile away- think - how does a big buck locate his girlfriend? Smells the pee - and he can surely tell the difference.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Use D.O.T reflective marking tape as arrow wraps. Look at Wal-mart in the automotive section around the lightbulbs and hitch balls. It will add a few grams of weight to a arrow but lights up "BIG TIME" when you shine it with flashlight at night.:toast

·
Registered
718 Posts
If your Lacrosse boots are hard to take off, put your foot into a walmart plastic bag then slip your foot into the boot. You will be amazed how easy it works, also act as an insulator.:usaflag

·
Registered
448 Posts
Well this is my first yr so I've heard a lot of tips. Here's one that sticks out in my mind. Get you a 2 liter bottle and use it as your feeder. Just fill it with corn and set where you want it. Apparently the deer will kick it around forcing the corn to fall out. It'll also give them something to play with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts