Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I are taking vacation in Hilton Head Island, SC this year (next week, actually). This will be our first trip in this area and we are excited to head East for a change. Has anybody fished with anyone (charters) in this area? Also, any particular "must see" places and/or restaurants in the area?

·
Registered
145 Posts
We stayed in Hilton Head a couple of years ago when my son graduated from Parris Island. It's a really nice place with a lot of good seafood (and no oil). I can't recall anything that stands out to me, but it's only 1 hour north of Savannah. We drove down there one night and "tried" to eat at Paula Dean's restaurant, "The Lady and Sons"...that didn't work out because you have to be there early in the morning to sign up for reservations. We wound up going to her brother's restaurant, "Bubba's Oyster House" and ate lunch with Charlie Daniels. That turned out pretty good. So if you feel like an evening trip while there, I would recommend Savannah. Hope you enjoy your Hilton Head vacation.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. My wife had mentioned about going to her restaurant also...thanks for the heads up. We're taking the camper so we plan to set up and then venture out to Savannah, Charleston, and MyrtleBeach. Seafood places are on the schedule...and the "no oil" part sounds great too. Thanks again...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts