Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like the water has been a foot to a foot and a half high the last several weeks ....

Normal to see water up with a strong SE wind or tropical storm, but the water seems to be hanging around and not falling back to normal levels.

Weather has not not been that unusual, other than a warm early October.

Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank ... I though king rides produced higher his and lower lows , the water just looks like its staying about 1 ft high ..

This has been happening over the time listed and co includes with sun and moon lining up.

Just seems to be lingering at a high level without a lot of rain or persistent South-Se wind

·
Registered
77 Posts
same thing over here on the miss.gulf coast 1-11/2' above normal for a while.and we have had a lot of NE to w-nw winds. today low tide was lower but not normal.sure is meshing up my floundering

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Tides have been in the upper half of the 'height' range a lot this Fall. Tidal swings vary with the moon phase, but how high the median water level stays is cyclically variable. It's been on a cycle where it's on the higher end this season so far. I'm hoping that will hold a bit longer, some of my late Fall / early Winter spots do better with a little more water. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts