Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, been kayak fishing since '98 when I got addicted to chasing YT and WSB in La Jolla Shores (San Diego). I started on a OK Scupper Classic, and fished from OK SPTW, and OK Prowlers. I retired (USMC) in 2011 and somehow ended up working in New Orleans - living in Mandeville, LA. Since the move, I have been fishing the hell out of the bayous and Lake Pontchartrain from a WS Commander 140. However, I have been missing out on something..... and I think its pulling on big fish. Don't get me wrong, the reds and specs are fun, too.

I am looking to get out in the blue water again. I just armed myself with a 2014 Tarpon 160 and just finished rigging tonight. There are a lot of species I need to catch from a kayak.

I need someone to show me the ropes in P-Cola!! Weekends mostly.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm in too if there's room =p , I may be going out Saturday but I'm not experienced enough to show you the ropes , I just catch what's biting. Usuall a king

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know more than me already

I'm in too if there's room =p , I may be going out Saturday but I'm not experienced enough to show you the ropes , I just catch what's biting. Usuall a king
I can figure the fishing out.... eventually. It always helps to know someone that knows the little things like where to park, where to launch.... and where NOT to go and local sea/weather patterns that can make a good day turn bad quickly.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Hey ,
I moved from pensacola about 2 years ago(man time flies) . Im trying to learn how to fish in your old stomping grounds. Its been a while but if u have any specific questions on fishing out there let me know. In the mean time ill try to figure out these yellow tail haha.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good Luck in LJ

Hey ,
I moved from pensacola about 2 years ago(man time flies) . Im trying to learn how to fish in your old stomping grounds. Its been a while but if u have any specific questions on fishing out there let me know. In the mean time ill try to figure out these yellow tail haha.
I miss SoCal fishing.... Every YT I ever caught was landed and in the kayak before 0700. Same with WSB. That grey-light bight is the best. The early bird truly catches the fish. I get back that way about once a year. But this year may be epic there with ElNino effects.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts