1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Bearded Brotula
14,535 Posts
Good looking buck.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,671 Posts
Me and my buddy JB are gonna have to find him in a peanut field on a deprivation hunt up the pretty soon... Dropped a 9point the other night still in velvet. That's a good one:thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,927 Posts
Me and my buddy JB are gonna have to find him in a peanut field on a deprivation hunt up the pretty soon... Dropped a 9point the other night still in velvet. That's a good one:thumbsup:
Just curious...and maybe you were joking, but why would you shoot a deer like that on a depredation hunt? Don't you have to leave the deer on the property?

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,671 Posts
Just curious...and maybe you were joking, but why would you shoot a deer like that on a depredation hunt? Don't you have to leave the deer on the property?
I am listed to hunt with three different farmers to hunt deer at night. That being said I usually go with the farmer, or one of their farm hands. The farmers want them all dead, so we don't cull them. They changed the laws on deprivation hunting this year when you kill a buck you have to leave it in the field. You are allowed to keep the meat from the deer if you want it But you have to get it from the field. Good bucks we usually shoot to try and anchor them in the field so we can check out the horns. The does and smaller bucks we try and gut shoot so they run off the field so they don't get run over by farm equipment. I know it sounds bad but they got to go..... Plus it's fun target practice:thumbsup: and yes we hunt them all around donedeals club:whistling:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Nice deer Mike. That forehead in the second pic will score about 130, lol
Sent the pic to rack calculator and it said 129&3/4 on the forehead.lol Mike hope you get him this year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts