Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
I wonder which other constitutional rights we should suspend when we enter these businesses.

Another thing that just struck me... what if these businesses noted that certain groups were most often implicated in various types of criminal activity and essentially told them to stay away... Not many would support such a policy.

I understand the concerns, but the slopes these businesses are treading are very slippery.

Sent from the largest mountain range in Florida.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are other issues too. So some people that are carrying a weapon, see the sign on the business door, go back to their car, and place the gun in a console or glove box, easy way to have a gun STOLEN. Someone else who sees the sign on the door, ignores it, and enters the business, now they are felony trespassing depending on what state you are in and if someone wants to prosecute you.
But you have never been allowed to carry into government offices, airports, schools, etc, but have you noticed where many of the mass shootings happened?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Simple solution, purchase from the non chain stores. No reason to shop with those who do not support our constitution, and if ma and pa business is anti gun then good riddance to them as well. I do not always carry but do not need some limpy ceo telling me what to and not do.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I am not seeing it as prohibited, except in the news caption.

Twice in the article the phase "ask" would not indicate prohibited as the word "tell" in the caption. For example "Four big U.S. retailers — Walmart, Kroger, CVS and Walgreens — recently asked civilian customers to leave their guns at home."

Ignore it, and leave if asked to. You only become a trespasser if you refuse to leave the business in my understanding. Unless posted as prohibited, I ignore all such although I am usually only in those stores with the wife as I avoid patronizing such establishments.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts