Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts
4,058 Posts
kennethmandel62 (2/6/2008) It's just aggravating that a picture of a Great Buck is proudly posted and the first thing someone can say is "is hunting season still open?" Are you kidding me?

First of all, fishaholic (who was the author of that original post) had no problem with me asking if the season was still underway. When you consider maybe half of the people from this website are from Alabama, hunt Alabama and nowhere else, then it sounds like a VERY FAIR question to me. So I don't think he needs you bitching on his behalf when he had no problem with me asking the question. And as for you and your bitchiness, I'm sure you can find some midol in your local drugstore. As a newbie on this website, and especially as someone who is condescending someone on this website (me) who not only knows the greater majority of the members-in-good-standing (not you) of this website, but also offers them a place to hunt and fish 12 months out of the year, I don't think you're gonna have an easy time finding some close friends. It's generally not a good idea to join a website and immediately start calling out members who have been on the website way longer than you have, nor other members in very high standing in the Pensacola areas and beyond. Good luck (not really) and take your negativity elsewhere

kennethmandel62 (2/6/2008) Seriously, I don't know anyone there and since I'm only in florida 8-10days out of the month, between my wife, kids, and the outdoors, I can't squeeze in enough time to go sit with a bunch of strangers. I think that's the same decisionany rational person would make...if not thenthey'd be self-fish.
Seeing as how you "dont know anyone there," I guess that justifies your straight up cowardly "calling out" of myself and a few others? Regarding Wednesday night get2gethers, many of the people on this website started their first night at Sam's with knowing nobody on there. It's called being social and more professionally, networking. Meet and greet. You never know who you're talking to. Hell, there's people on this website worth millions. And as for having wife, kids, and "outdoors" (is a job anywhere in there?), you act like you're the only one who has obligations. There's plenty of forum members who BRING their families to the dinners!! You have an awesome, winning attitude

kennethmandel62 (2/6/2008) That's also the definition of a "Keyboard Cowboy".
You didn't coin the phrase "keyboard cowboy," so you can't define it or add to the definition. But thanks for playing. I believe I owe credit to forum member brnbser for the term "keyboard cowboy."

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
kennethmandel62 (2/6/2008)You're damn right I'm gonna stir the pot now.... Maybe I was wrong in assuming that "Blue..." was being sarcastic. Yet, judging by many of his condescending belittlingreply's I think my comment was justified. Was it necessary? Absolutely not. I tack that up as 1 to mefor being "immature and undisciplined", as some may say. It's just aggravating that a picture of a Great Buck is proudly posted and the first thing someone can say is "is hunting season still open?" Are you kidding me? Maybe if coming from someone that's typically respectful of most people on here. Not this guy. And caspr and dixie...listen, you guys either aren't familiar with that guyscharacter on hereand you thought I was taking a cheap shot at him or you are friends with him and feel like you needed to stick up for your buddy. I'm believe the latter is more accurate. Who cares. That's yourdecision. And no of course I'm not coming to this wednesday night thing. I do love the term keyboard cowboy though...I think that's funny. Seriously, I don't know anyone there and since I'm only in florida 8-10days out of the month, between my wife, kids, and the outdoors, I can't squeeze in enough time to go sit with a bunch of strangers. I think that's the same decisionany rational person would make...if not thenthey'd be self-fish. That's also the definition of a "Keyboard Cowboy". Either way I dont give a damn. This forum is a place to share your outdoorexperiences and enjoy that of others.I use it as something to kill time when I'm not home.
Hey Jerk off, first of all, you need to go pull the legs of a black widow spideror something to get your aggression out. YOU WERE IN THE F'EN WRONG IN THE LAST POST. If you have a hard time being wrong you need to get over it. Yes, I am friends with The Blue Hoo, and Dixie and the list goes on and on and on and on and on. By starting this thread, you have done a fine job of making <U>yourself </U>out to be just as big of an asshole as what you are trying to portray the image of others on here. Again, and I have told you before, if you have a problem with someones post on here, you have the option of PMing them and saying hey, why are you being ___________ on this post. THERE WAS NOTHING SAID BY THE BLUE HOO OR ANYONE ELSE DEGRADING THAT POST. If you are getting bent out of shape about a icon that was placed behind a statement, then you really need to go see a psychologist or something and talk some things out. The Blue Hoo has apparently pissed you off before, and you have NOT been able to let it go, you automatically assume that everything he is stating is negative. Once you get to know him, he actually is a damn good guy. I mean have you never met anyone else in your life that felt they had a lot of experience in hunting or fishing. I mean hell, if that is all he does, and personally I know that is what he does a lot, then extrapulate the positives out of it and go with it. But seriously, you don't need to start threads like this. And if you have personal problem with me for sticking up for other forum members, then you need to PM me and we willfigure that out. But until then, just leave it alone. :banghead:hoppingmad

ps. by adding a subject matter of "go to hell", for having a wife and kids, you have a lot of growing up to do. You may want to take this opportunity to step back from the forum and find something else to spend your free time doing. Just a thought

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I agree with a lot of what was said...and disagree with even more. That's that. By the way I appreciate the pm's that people sent me agreeing with my comment. I will say it probably would've been better just to send him apmfrom the start if I thought he was being a prick on that guys post. Or just not saidanything at all...eitherway ...oh well.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Caspr21 (2/6/2008)
kennethmandel62 (2/6/2008)You're damn right I'm gonna stir the pot now.... Maybe I was wrong in assuming that "Blue..." was being sarcastic. Yet, judging by many of his condescending belittlingreply's I think my comment was justified. Was it necessary? Absolutely not. I tack that up as 1 to mefor being "immature and undisciplined", as some may say. It's just aggravating that a picture of a Great Buck is proudly posted and the first thing someone can say is "is hunting season still open?" Are you kidding me? Maybe if coming from someone that's typically respectful of most people on here. Not this guy. And caspr and dixie...listen, you guys either aren't familiar with that guyscharacter on hereand you thought I was taking a cheap shot at him or you are friends with him and feel like you needed to stick up for your buddy. I'm believe the latter is more accurate. Who cares. That's yourdecision. And no of course I'm not coming to this wednesday night thing. I do love the term keyboard cowboy though...I think that's funny. Seriously, I don't know anyone there and since I'm only in florida 8-10days out of the month, between my wife, kids, and the outdoors, I can't squeeze in enough time to go sit with a bunch of strangers. I think that's the same decisionany rational person would make...if not thenthey'd be self-fish. That's also the definition of a "Keyboard Cowboy". Either way I dont give a damn. This forum is a place to share your outdoorexperiences and enjoy that of others.I use it as something to kill time when I'm not home.
Hey Jerk off, first of all, you need to go pull the legs of a black widow spideror something to get your aggression out. YOU WERE IN THE F'EN WRONG IN THE LAST POST. If you have a hard time being wrong you need to get over it. Yes, I am friends with The Blue Hoo, and Dixie and the list goes on and on and on and on and on. By starting this thread, you have done a fine job of making <U>yourself </U>out to be just as big of an asshole as what you are trying to portray the image of others on here. Again, and I have told you before, if you have a problem with someones post on here, you have the option of PMing them and saying hey, why are you being ___________ on this post. THERE WAS NOTHING SAID BY THE BLUE HOO OR ANYONE ELSE DEGRADING THAT POST. If you are getting bent out of shape about a icon that was placed behind a statement, then you really need to go see a psychologist or something and talk some things out. The Blue Hoo has apparently pissed you off before, and you have NOT been able to let it go, you automatically assume that everything he is stating is negative. Once you get to know him, he actually is a damn good guy. I mean have you never met anyone else in your life that felt they had a lot of experience in hunting or fishing. I mean hell, if that is all he does, and personally I know that is what he does a lot, then extrapulate the positives out of it and go with it. But seriously, you don't need to start threads like this. And if you have personal problem with me for sticking up for other forum members, then you need to PM me and we willfigure that out. But until then, just leave it alone. :banghead:hoppingmad

ps. by adding a subject matter of "go to hell", for having a wife and kids, you have a lot of growing up to do. You may want to take this opportunity to step back from the forum and find something else to spend your free time doing. Just a thought
Since you threw my name in there, I guess its my time to chime-in. However, I really don't want to waste any more time on this pitiful excuse for a thread topic. I'm going to take the easy road here...My thoughts are exactly what Caspr wrote...read his post again, cause he hit it out of the park. 100% agree with every word. I can't explain it any better than that. You (& gater7) were in the wrong in the first place...don't make it worse by starting a whiney thread.

Now, what REALLY irked me about your thread...the little 'go to hell' comment. Boy, that really tells me what kind of person you really are...a classless one. We ALL can get on here and argue all day and night and I wouldNEVER question you as a person or a man...this is a public forum...its OK to disagree. BUT, telling someone to 'go to hell' takes things to a different level...a classless low level. The Blue Hoo rubs some people wrong (I see that), but thatsNO excuse to tell someone to 'go to 'hell'. I lost respect for ya there!

I hope you're happy with your great thread. It was silly and really a complete waste of everybody's time.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Are you kidding me? Woody asked about hunting season still being open and these guys freaked. You guys are wwwaaayyy to sensitive. If you had been here a couple of years back when he first got on here, you would have seen him in true form. I hated the guy and openly gave him hell here on the forum. And nobody defended him. Then...some real lifeBSreared its ugly head and most of us realized that this forum is for fun and not to take himand OURSELVES too serious. Next thing I know, cuz is taking folks kids hunting and sharing offshore info and with manners to boot.

IMHO-chill out and enjoy the forum. Your only going to get out of it what you put into it.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
All, I posted on this thread to ask Kenny to edit his post, then I posted to make light of the situation. I hoped Woody would not post at all but of course he did. Then comes the rest of the foul mouthed jack monkeys. It is not just Kenny who needs to take step back. No matter how new you are and how much history you know, everyone needs to be spoken to with respect. I take great offense to some ofthe post's above because like all threads of this nature they made without thinking and truly do not belong on this forum. If you get your panties in a twist, take it to the source. Believe me I do not live in a glass house. This is the crap that detracts from this forum.

When the blowharding is done the only thing that will be accomplished is that some people much like myself from time to time in the past have just made an ass of themselves. Right or wrong this kind of post and most of the retaliation posts have no business on here. I appologize if I have offended anyone's tender sensibilities.

:banghead

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
SCOTT BYRD I blame this on you, if you had done your job and forced everyone to go drink beer this would never have happened.:letsdrink

4,058 Posts
kennethmandel62 (2/6/2008)By the way I appreciate the pm's that people sent me agreeing with my comment.
I bet you got a lot of those encouraging PM's, didn't you? I would love for you to come meet us up at Sam's one night and tell any of these guys to "go to hell" in person. You can say a lot when you're hiding behind your monitor all day, but it's a little different when you back up your game. Time to join another website bud...

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
The Blue Hoo (2/6/2008)
kennethmandel62 (2/6/2008)By the way I appreciate the pm's that people sent me agreeing with my comment.
I bet you got a lot of those encouraging PM's, didn't you? I would love for you to come meet us up at Sam's one night and tell any of these guys to "go to hell" in person. You can say a lot when you're hiding behind your monitor all day, but it's a little different when you back up your game. Time to join another website bud...
Blue...you're kind of proving his point! Seriously guys...let it go.I'm sure this will not settle well... but I've found thatmaturity tends to cause people to not "NEED" to defend themselves to every accusation. I am in a profession that will always cause me to be unpopular and even slandard with half-truths and plain old lies. Eventually you get to the point where you are secure in yourself and don't "have" to prove anything to anyone. Just smile and laugh it off. Life is much more satisfying when your fists are not always up!

NOTE: not a criticism...just a comment to help diffuse some of this.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
mpmorr (2/6/2008)All, I posted on this thread to ask Kenny to edit his post, then I posted to make light of the situation. I hoped Woody would not post at all but of course he did. Then comes the rest of the foul mouthed jack monkeys. It is not just Kenny who needs to take step back.

mpmorr, we all see that you did the right thing by "asking kenny to edit his post", but the problem lies it the fact, 1) he didn't 2) his subject title is "<U>go to hell</U>" 3) he had the balls to try to call other people out on a situation WHEN HE OPENED HIS MOUTH AND STARTED THE WHOLE ISSUE! This thread would have never ever ever been started if he would have not blown out of context one member asking a question. The fact of the matter is he is pissed off over something and can't and won't let it go. Now, I accept full responsiblity for pointing out the fact of him blowing it out of porportion and it almost derailing the thread. And it did. I actually thought we were moving in the right direction from when the last time this happened, woody asked a question, people got defensive and your "foul mouth jack monkeys" started chimming in. If you remember correctly, I pointed out in that thread about PMing people if they thought something was uncalled for, and also pointed out that he had only asked a question, and people had smart ass remarks instead of answering it. And with this thread, same situation, he asked a question, and great we have answers rolling in. then Kenny, decided to put in his reply and it snow balled from there. You really can't expect for people to start bs threads like this, specifically call people out and not have them to respond, could you?????????

When I see trouble starting in athread, I ALWAYS go to the top and read it in order and entirety before commenting. I try to look at all views. And if you have a great thread going, and one or two people say jack legged responses that is offensive or out of line, why can't someone point that out, in hopes that maybe just maybe they will have the courtesy to either edit their post or next time not do it at all. When you have threads like this, people get what they deserve.

And I am sorry, but if anyone in their right mind goes back and reads the original thread that all this crap has started over, good ol kenny and friends owefishaholic an apology for starting that crap on his thread.Then I personally think thatKenny really needs to step away from this forum. I have absolutely no place for people that are going to call me out in athread that is subject titled "Go to hell".Just as Heart of Dixie said, absolutley lost respect there. And I can honestly say, he is the first of the thousands of threads that have started that I have ever seen people post loosing respect for another member because of a blanket statement. :nonono

ps. Mpmorr, I am by no means pissed at you just pointing out somethings that need to be said

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Understood, I should have just kept my mouth shut. I suppose we must each make our own way. No offense taken, just hate to see this kind of stuff. And I am a Jackmonkey as well. I am still pulling my foot out of my mouth for some of the bonehead thingsI have said on this forum. Keeping the peace is a tough task this time of year. Where are the Pier Jockey's VS. the Boat guy threads when you need them. The trulysad thing is that I have never met anyone on this forum that I did not like, andlike people I have never met. Funny thing this internet.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
OK to clear this crap up here I go. I WILL go to my stand this weekend in FLORIDA and try and kill a buck over CORN. This is the last weekend of gun season in Florida where we can bait deer with corn. The next 2 weeeks will be spent trying to kill a deer over corn with my muzzleloader. Florida may not be able to punch a voters ballot but we can shoot a deer over a corn pile! Please could everyoe loosen up or meet up like a real men and settle this crap. Hell I don't care if y'all beat the shit out of each other just shut up!!!

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
fla_scout (2/7/2008)OK to clear this crap up here I go. I WILL go to my stand this weekend in FLORIDA and try and kill a buck over CORN. This is the last weekend of gun season in Florida where we can bait deer with corn. The next 2 weeeks will be spent trying to kill a deer over corn with my muzzleloader. Florida may not be able to punch a voters ballot but we can shoot a deer over a corn pile! Please could everyoe loosen up or meet up like a real men and settle this crap. Hell I don't care if y'all beat the shit out of each other just shut up!!!
Yea, Thats the only way you Florida boys can kill a SOB, ...over corn.:banghead:poke:poke:poke

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Tuna Man (2/7/2008)
fla_scout (2/7/2008)OK to clear this crap up here I go. I WILL go to my stand this weekend in FLORIDA and try and kill a buck over CORN. This is the last weekend of gun season in Florida where we can bait deer with corn. The next 2 weeeks will be spent trying to kill a deer over corn with my muzzleloader. Florida may not be able to punch a voters ballot but we can shoot a deer over a corn pile! Please could everyoe loosen up or meet up like a real men and settle this crap. Hell I don't care if y'all beat the shit out of each other just shut up!!!
Yea, Thats the only way you Florida boys can kill a SOB, ...over corn.:banghead:poke:poke:poke

Hey look Asshat that was mostly tongue in cheek. Please don't compare me to most Florida boys as I consider myself and most of my friends here in Santa Rosa County as South Alabama!

21 - 40 of 66 Posts