Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so as of recent events, a buddy of mine is letting me use a kayak. this kayak is a double seater and i will be using this kayak tomorrow. i will be launching off of pensacola beach close to the pier. general question would be what precautions do i need to take before hand? is there any good fishing and how far out? i will be doing so alone, so im not sure if i should go far out. any help/recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Spec-yakular!
798 Posts
The first thing i recommend is not going alone! Especially since its your first time! But if u insist make sure you have your pfd and all the other safety equipment! And plz be careful! I would recommend staying in close!

·
Registered
943 Posts
general question would be what precautions do i need to take before hand? \.
I know it is supposed to be calm, but I would tie down EVERYTHING until you get through the breakers going out and coming back in, wear a life jacket and double bag your communication devices (VHF/cell phone).

·
Registered
528 Posts
Stay out of range of the pier fisherman - lol!

Seriously, they can hurl a mean lure at ya and those guys are accurate. If they miss, it is because it was a warning shot!

They are good guys, but possessive of their territory. Take care and stay safe!

Bob

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know it is supposed to be calm, but I would tie down EVERYTHING until you get through the breakers going out and coming back in, wear a life jacket and double bag your communication devices (VHF/cell phone).
yes sir i went and got some tie down just in case

·
Registered
272 Posts
I try to operate by these personal "rules" I learned the hard way...

1) wear pfd

2) if you open it, close it

3) if you untie it, tie it back

4) fish 1 line

5) everything has a place, if you move it, put it back

6) kayaks are not surf boards

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so another question is where do i go? obviously if i spot bait fish throm at them but i was thinking about "trolling" a cig behind me..... good idea?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts