Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DROP TINE BUCK
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seen 8 big hogs, 1 little one. Finally heard a turkey gobble twice on the roost, after he hit the ground about 2 minutes went by and he got shot.... not by me, someone else that i didnt even know was there and have no clue which way they came in...... im bout over this. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
DROP TINE BUCK
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t know how y’all boys deal with that shit. I mean I get it, it’s public, but damn that’d scare the hell out of me

Its ridiculous... waaaaay more people during turkey than deer season. Im new to it since this is just my 2nd season turkey hunting. I blamed there being so many people last year on COVID, but now I see thats not the case. I see why they outlawed fanning on wma’s, youd get your azz shot at!

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Up at 2am, parked at 3 and in place at 330.... gon be a long day! (Drama free i hope)

Dang, I've killed my share of turkeys but can't ever remember sitting 3 hours before daylight. Granted I hunt our own property with no pressure and will go out in the evening to try to hear where they roost but.....dang. You are a dedicated hunter DD

·
DROP TINE BUCK
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dang, I've killed my share of turkeys but can't ever remember sitting 3 hours before daylight. Granted I hunt our own property with no pressure and will go out in the evening to try to hear where they roost but.....dang. You are a dedicated hunter DD
This one particular area has a long trail leading to 3 food plots. One is at 1000 yds, 2nd is at 2400 yds and the 3rd is at 3500 yds.... this is just me, but if I get to parking area and there is a truck there, im not stopping, I dont know where they are at and Im not into screwing someone up. I was really wanting to hunt here hence getting there so early.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
This one particular area has a long trail leading to 3 food plots. One is at 1000 yds, 2nd is at 2400 yds and the 3rd is at 3500 yds.... this is just me, but if I get to parking area and there is a truck there, im not stopping, I dont know where they are at and Im not into screwing someone up. I was really wanting to hunt here hence getting there so early.

Yes sir, I'm the first to admit that I take for granted the private property we have.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I haven't heard a damn gobble yet in BW. I've been in areas with sign where I've seen birds or killed a bird and ain't heard a peep. Getting frustrated. Damn tracks beside the truck when I walked back that were fresh.

Last year they were hammering around this time in the same spots.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
They're not very vocal yet up here either BDG. Hoping that they'll start piping up this weekend, I'm running out of free time

Reactions: TheBeeDeeGee
1 - 11 of 11 Posts