Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got our 20ft StarCraft ship shape and the way I want her...wearing out the sound ( I live in Navarre) and the islands down by Mary Esther. I don't like Destin pass due to waves at mouth and traffic so am going to concentrate a bit on Pensacola pass.
My question to the forum is : what is best suggestion for boat ramp launch close to but not in Pensacola. I like Oriole beach ramp seems it,s just a cut over to portofino and west and left (south) to the pass. Never seen Pensacola pass and wanted to know about approach and also the USS Massachusetts for a closer in fishing experience. Goal is to use pass to get to gulf troll back and forth to Navarre and back .
ALSO...if anyone can advise on the island area and those narrows by the islands ( in sound by Mary Esther and Hurlburt) for best bet fishing. All looks good to me down there and the fact the waterway narrows in that area appeals to me. A "bottleneck" of fish ?
THANKS for any feedback peeps :)

Reactions: Realtor

·
Super Moderator
28,385 Posts
Broke rule #1!!!! PICS OR IT DIDN"T HAPPEN!!!

Also a 20 ftr and you aren't wanting to go through the pass in Destin? You can launch at Juana's in Navarre, the train trussel in pcola...just depends on where you wanna go. You can google boat launches in each county and they will be listed fer ya!

So now that's over, where are the pics of the new sled???

·
Registered
580 Posts
Sound like you want Shoreline Park Ramp in GB. It's closer than OB ramp to the pass and it's a great facility. As to the pass approach, turn left and throttle up.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ty !!!

To all who responded...Went back to Navarre Pier today and had fun with ladyfish and bull reds.....tons of spade fish as well....Caught the largest ladyfish of my life and many have not seen one that big, myself included.
Also checked out Okaloosa pier today...never been in the 4 years since we came back to Florida...Short and sweet pier. I like to see the pier rules posted there and it seemed an overall more friendly vibe than I have experienced at Navarre pier. Two weekends from now and boating over to Pensacola pass to give her a try...
TY again for the feedback and info peeps :)

Attachments

Reactions: Realtor

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
To all who responded...Went back to Navarre Pier today and had fun with ladyfish and bull reds.....tons of spade fish as well....Caught the largest ladyfish of my life and many have not seen one that big, myself included.
Also checked out Okaloosa pier today...never been in the 4 years since we came back to Florida...Short and sweet pier. I like to see the pier rules posted there and it seemed an overall more friendly vibe than I have experienced at Navarre pier. Two weekends from now and boating over to Pensacola pass to give her a try...
TY again for the feedback and info peeps :)
That's a HUGE Lady fish!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts