Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am down here staying in a house on the beach at 30A. I come every fall and fish out of kayak for kings, etc and fish surf when too rough to go out. Grr--it is too rough to go out and to much grass in surf! Anyone got any ideas where I can go catch anything! I just want to feel pull on line!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would put your Kayak in at Cessna Boat Ramp and fish the grass around that area. Best time of the year to chase redfish, flounder and trout. Tons a bait right now so focus in and around those schools. If you can sling a net, grab you some bait, if not, small paddle tails fished weedless is your ticket. I like pearl color myself. Tight Lines.

PS- Looks like later in the week should be okay off the beach.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm curious about water conditions as I am going to be down there this weekend and all of next week. I agree that the weather looks to get better and I hear with some south winds (it looks like that should happen later this week) it will push the grass out to deeper water. At least that is what I have heard in the past.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I fish down on 30A pretty regularly, the weed is easing up and the surf has calmed down a bit, but I am towards the east end near Rosemary Beach. Went out today and was throwing a spoon, as long as I kept it off the bottom I didn't have a problem with weeds. Hooked up a couple good size fish too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts