Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys/Gals

Looking for some help with a place to stay (will pay $) over there. PM if know of a decent place. Trying to find a cabin like place shuck some scallops after yak'ng in Sy Joe Bay.

Thanks!
Stressless

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Wish I could remember specifics but check out Beacon Hill. It's across the water from the Cape, just east of Mexico Beach. Beautiful, quiet. GREAT fishing right there.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Cabins AT St. Joseph's State Park are probably booked solid , they were last week when we were there ... there are lots of places to stay around Mexico Beach and to the East like JoeZ said too ... if you don't mind a little commute , stay in Appalachicola at the Gibson Inn , we did and I'll go there again !! ... be SURE to eat at The Indian Pass Raw Bar , you can thank me later !! :hungry

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
I liked the Sportsman Lodge at Eastpoint near Appalachicola. It was inexpensive and some rooms have kitchenettes. During the week it is easier to get reservations. Weekends get booked fast. Google them for info to see if it looks like your kind of place. Gibson Inn is much nicer if you are taking the wife.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
We just got back today and stayed at Whispering Pines. I could not give it a good recommendation. There are 6 cabins on the peninsula behind a service station I believe they are called scallop cove. It's in a great location behind Pig Island. We used to anchor our boats out there all week when we stayed there years ago.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Stressless (19/06/2010)Hey Guys/Gals

Looking for some help with a place to stay (will pay $) over there. PM if know of a decent place. Trying to find a cabin like place shuck some scallops after yak'ng in Sy Joe Bay.

Thanks!
Stressless
If your looking for a cabin, you can't beat Old Salt Works, ask for Lanny. But unless something has changed Scallop season starts July 1st.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
gov. crist changed it to 06/19/10.

jack2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts