Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this is my first post to the board and I'm already asking for help! I was referred here by a friend to ask around and see if anyone that has an offshore boat would be willing to help me sometime this summer try and catch a mahi mahi and red snapper on a fly rod. I have all the gear, just no boat or a clue where to go. I will gladly pay for gas, bring beer, etc. I would love any help you guys could offer me.

Glad I found this site, it looks to be a pretty great resource!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Need a Crew

Go to "need a crew.... need a ride" thread. You will for sure find chances to go fish. Fly fishing....maybe not so much for fishing yes. Good Luck !

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
He is talking about a section in this forum. Scroll down toward the bottom. There is also a fly fishing section on here.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Both species you mention are easily attainable on a fly. Snapper are easily chummed to the surface in 100' or less. I've never personally used fly tackle but have seen it done multiple times. P-Nut mahi will hit anything small and flashy that moves when they're excited. Bigger ones will require a little more finesse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts