Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 30 Gb and the wife has the Nano I think it is 5 gigs. I like the Ipods as far as function and easy operation. The downside is both of ours are broke the nano will not turn on and the backlight has gone out in mine. Maybe we got some bad products but seems to me for the price they would be more durable if you buy one get it at an electronic store with the extended warranty. Apple wants an obscene amount of money to repair these.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Thanks for the info. Another question. My info and post is showing on my computerBELOW the response to my questions. What the heck????????????????

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Ive read alot of reviews on mp3 players being im fixing to purchase one...and alot of people have had bad luck with the Ipod..I think im going with the creative Zen series when i get mine.

Mike

·
Registered
390 Posts
I recently bought the 80Gb iPod Classic which replaced the 30Gb Video. It was about $250 at Best Buy but you can get if for less at Sam's. As I recall, it holds about 20,000 songs. If you don't need that much, the 8Gb Nano holds about 2,000 and is much smaller and lighter and cost about $200. Neither come with any usable instructions so I'd download an instruction manual before I even plugged it in. One accessory that you'll need to buy extra is an adapter to allow you to play it on your car speakers. They have both wired and wireless that play through the radioand both seem to work ok. Ipods are definately a cool item.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
THIS is the original first post with question on this thread.....

Hello all. I'm sure there are several experts on this subject that can offer assistance. I have somebody's birthday coming up and they have hinted around about an iPod. I know very little about them accept how to read the price tag. Anybody have any recommendations, generation 5.5, or 6, GB of hard drive space, color, ad on's,where to purchase, or where not to purchase, ect. They listen to a lot of music. Thanks in advance for the help.Tom

·
Registered
116 Posts
My wife and I both have the 30gig ipod video. we use them a lot and have never had a problem with them. Best buy in pcola has them and all the accessories are on clearance for 50-75% off right now.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Boatjob1 (10/31/2007)THIS is the original first post with question on this thread.....

Hello all. I'm sure there are several experts on this subject that can offer assistance. I have somebody's birthday coming up and they have hinted around about an iPod. I know very little about them accept how to read the price tag. Anybody have any recommendations, generation 5.5, or 6, GB of hard drive space, color, ad on's,where to purchase, or where not to purchase, ect. They listen to a lot of music. Thanks in advance for the help.Tom
It really depends on how much money you want to spend. Ipods are really neat little devices, but they aren't cheap. If you are buying for a kid, I'd think that one of the nano's would be sufficient. Even the smallest now will hold ALOT of songs for a kid. Some of the newest Ipods feature a touch screen a la the Iphone but they are WAAAYYY expensive. Once again, it goes back to who you are buying for and what you want to spend. I bought one last year and had to have the largest GB avaliable at the time(which was 80gb and now they have a 160) because I wanted something that I could put my ENTIRE music collection on. Is this the kind of thing thats important to the person you are buying for? The one I bought is awesome and I have over 12,500 songs on it with still over 15gb of free space to grow. Is this something that would be important to who you are buying for? As far as where to buy, really most places sell for about the same price so it might be easier to go with a local store like best buy or Circuit city. As much as Ipods cost, I wouldn't worry about any add ons as part of the gift----let them choose the accessories for themselves based on how they want to use the Ipod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts