Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm coming down next week with a group of high school graduates, one of which has joined the Marines and has been been doing cross-fit with her recruiter since January. She goes to basic July 22 and her recruiter want her to keep up with her PT while were in Pensacola. Is there any place that this can be done there for someone in her situation? Anyone able to help her out maybe a couple days?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Several boot camp style fitness centers around, and I bet a phone call or two would get her into one for a month at no or little charge going into the service. On the west side, there is Pensacola Athletic Center that is under new management, and I've seen some ads for that type of fitness training. East side, there is a good outdoor one at Bayview Community Center below the tennis courts.

·
Registered
118 Posts
This reminded me of a groupon I’d seen for a fitness-boot camp. It’s 1 month. $45 but Groupon expires tomorrow-burn boot camp. N Central Pcola. Check it out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I love working out and the outdoors so I need to add more. Some other recommendations for free outdoor training locations depending on what’s convenient, there are several-
I’d highly recommend two spots but there’s a few around town for cardio and upper body strength - Navy Point off S Navy/ W Sunset has a nice jogging path along Bayou Grande with pull-up bars, mini obstacles, etc throughout. Bay Bluffs park off Scenic and Summit has the boardwalk loaded with stairs up and down the bluff with a pull-up bar. Both Maritime and Bayfront Parks have jogging paths and dip/pull-up bars and rings.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Book a fishin trip with Capt Delynn...I'm a pretty big gym rat myself and I assure you there's no workout that compares to a trip with him!

If that's not an option and she doesn't wanna pay for the gym, then a rucksack or good backpack with a 45 lb plate in it for a morning trot and pushup sets throughout the day will do her just fine. Tell her thanks for her will to serve!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts