Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would cause brand new color preserver to turn streaky and white ? and can it be fixed. can it be fixed

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was from gudebrod. I flex coated anyway and there are no visible discolorations now so i guess it was a reaction to the thread. It appears perfectly clear though so im happy. Im fairly new to the process of learning how to build rods but i hope to learn as much as i can from anyone willing to give advice or even teach me.

·
Registered
710 Posts
gudebrod color preserver is mily color anyway, you need to put a light coat and repeat a couple times. Dont saturate thread as it will always come out shitty.

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
color preserver is a waste of money since by the time the threads turn the rod is gonna look like crap anyway.Its only worth a crap for white metallics or rainbows.If you mix your flex coat wrong the flex will turn yellow after a few years.Best to just mix the flex right and avoid the color preserve

·
Squid technician
10,506 Posts
I agree with Will. Any rods I've made or re-wrapped whether they were treated with color preserver or not end up needing to be re-coated before the threads had faded so I too think its a waste of time and money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts