Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help fellas!! Trying to keep my boat! lol.

Been in Pensacola for about 3 years now. It took this long to talk the wife into allowing me to get a boat. Now I need to wine and dine her on it this Friday and I have no idea where to go.

We will be launching Friday morning and making a day trip out of it. Looking for any and all recommendations on areas to cruise around and maybe a restaurant or bar to stop in at. Anywhere from Pensacola Beach to Orange Beach is open!

We live in Perdido and will probably launch from Sherman Cove

·
Registered
211 Posts
I need your help fellas!! Trying to keep my boat! lol.

Been in Pensacola for about 3 years now. It took this long to talk the wife into allowing me to get a boat. Now I need to wine and dine her on it this Friday and I have no idea where to go.

We will be launching Friday morning and making a day trip out of it. Looking for any and all recommendations on areas to cruise around and maybe a restaurant or bar to stop in at. Anywhere from Pensacola Beach to Orange Beach is open!

We live in Perdido and will probably launch from Sherman Cove

Lot of good places that are accessible by boat:
Oar House (Pensacola)

Sunset Grill (Perdido)

Flounder's (Pensacola Beach)

Pegleg Pete's (Pensacola Beach)

Pirate's Cove (Josephine, AL)
Cobalt's (Orange Beach)

Flora-Bama has restaurants on the Ole River side.

I'm sure there are others in Orange Beach/Gulf Shores.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I agree with the choices already stated. Also could go to downtown Pensacola, dock at Palafox pier. Take her to the wahoos game, pick one of many fine dining places downtown. All walking distance from Palafox. Done this many times. Also on Saturday home games there’s fireworks after the ball game. Don’t have to attend the game and still get a front row private fireworks show. Good luck! Going to be a due south wind so hug that southerly coast to make a comfortable boat ride for her.

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
All that stuff is easy. No creativity required. Now, that might be her cup of tee, but if you want to impress her...here's what you do. Pack a grill, some steak kabobs, and some bacon wrapped asperigus in a cooler and put a portable grill on the boat. Also pack a blanket, some candles, and some fancy music. Take her to her own "fantasy island" and cook and serve the meal. Maybe a nice glass of wine if you drink it. After the meal, lay under the stars and just enjoy each other's company. As an added bonus...create a menu, have flowers, and a really rich dessert. That is how to impress the lady.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Number one: take something for shade. Nothing ruins a good meal and bottle of wine on the sand like a sunburn. Fort Mcree for what spooney is relating to. If you're further east of Pensacola and don't want to make that run, Paradise Bar and Grill usually has a great venue for swooning as well.
Number two: make sure you let us know where you're going so we can be sure to leave you in solitude......hee hee.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts