Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my wife just purchased two black lab pups. She is into cutting horses and I'm into offshore fishing. One of the dogs will be named Cutter for her hobby. I need help coming up with a cool name for the other pup. Something related to offshore fishing.Thanks for any suggestions.

Capt. Lee Michael Norris

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
how bout "rigger". i have a 6 yr old blk lab and he is my bestist friend ever. i've never had a more loyal dog. his name is "samson". good luck with the name.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Not a offshore name....but a Florida name...Gator...my first boxer was named that when I rescued him...that name was short for Sir Ali-gator...His dad was from England and mother was from Florida...and had some award winning blood lines...the best dog I ever had with Buster(the boxerI have now)a close second!!:)

·
little ol me !
582 Posts
knew I guyhad a chocolate lab named Mullet, neatest damned dog I ever met, loved to fish, had to keep hom leashed in the boat or he would jump out and swim after the spanish mack when they were schooling up !!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Chaquita is no doubt out of the question. How about;

Gib

beeliner

wahoo

link

tranny

radar

bilge

carbon black

D

scout

runner

sweetheart

crest

sushi

blackie

black fin

diver

rig

sharpie

spot

bob

newberg

ginger

yack

diamond

blade

tide

skimmer

smokey

barry

widget

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
Every puppy that I have had, I have waited until they named themselvies, buy what they do. My Black Lab is named:

Kodiak Hebert Panass

We now call him Kodi. But you know how much trouble a lab puppy is, and we even kennel raised him, ofwhich I highly recommend. That dog dug a hole into the drywall once, while we were there !! He walked up smelled the wall and dug right in ~in about 30 seconds. He was a black bear of a puppy, thus Kodiak (Black Bear) Hebert (A Bear) and now the best.

While I was doing yard work, I had him out ofthe kennel and in the back with meand he would sneak attack me from behind. Just as he got close to me, he would growl, nip my butt and run off like I was chasing him, which he wanted. Thus we had to also add the last name of Panass (Pain in the Azz).

So you see, you puppy will name it self in a few weeks. Like maybe ~ Dunker ~ for jumping over board when you cast, to retrieve the bait.

Have fun!!!

·
Super Moderator
27,942 Posts
Blackie, Chases's suggestion of Fin are also great!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Dplantmann (12/16/2009)Chaquita is no doubt out of the question. How about;

Gib
beeliner
wahoo
link
tranny
radar
bilge
carbon black
D
scout
runner
sweetheart
crest
sushi
blackie
black fin
diver
rig
sharpie
spot
bob
newberg
ginger
yack
diamond
blade
tide
skimmer
smokey
barry
widget
tranny...........Left me kind of confused on that one. Care to explain??????

·
Fishing Goddess
1,072 Posts
cobe killer (12/16/2009)how bout "rigger". i have a 6 yr old blk lab and he is my bestist friend ever. i've never had a more loyal dog. his name is "samson". good luck with the name.
+ 1 on this name

when he is bad you can just say "out rigger"...

I had a chocolate lab named Babe and she was absolutely the best dog anyone could ever ask for...and hopefully some day soon (hint hint Woody :) ) I will have a little Babe II

1 - 20 of 50 Posts