Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

61 - 80 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Huge thanks to Keith for cleaning up some of my reels! Just visiting with you, it's obvious you've got a world of knowledge on reels and truely enjoy working on them. I tend to be a little rough on my gear and Keith had these things CLEAN and SMOOTH! I hardly recognized them. Fellas, don't forget to leave Keith a donation for grease and misc. items. Judging by the amount of reels he had piled up, I'd say he goes through some consumables (grease, cleaners, corrosion x, etc.) Thanks again Keith for the help and congrats on kicking the habit!!!

·
Geaux Tigers!
977 Posts
I have 2 Penn Peer 209s that I want to get checked out and upgraded if there is any to be done, or to trade for something big enough to take offshore when I go with other members. One I use often and is in working condition the other one I just got and don't know if it works yet.

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I have 2 Penn Peer 209s that I want to get checked out and upgraded if there is any to be done, or to trade for something big enough to take offshore when I go with other members. One I use often and is in working condition the other one I just got and don't know if it works yet.
The instructions to my house are on page 4 so just bring them by. I'm home everyday.

Keith

·
Freshwater Flounder
3,840 Posts
Thanks for the work on my Penn 6/0, Keith .... smooth as silk. So nice I decided to re-spool it with new braid.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a big ulser on my foot that wouldn't heal for like 2 years from bad ciculation and I quit cold turkey. It helps alot to feel like your dieing or about to lose a limb.. Makes quitting a cinch! lol
-Jeremy

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Rinse you off shore lever drag reels very well. Water get's in these reels and drains out. That's how their made. This is also why I grease the drags on Avet reels to keep them from corroding. What you see is left over pure salt.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ocean Master, I have a Penn 750, 650, and 6/0 that could all use a good cleaning and greasing. The 750 also has a drag issue that needs fixing. it looks like you have a lot of business, but would you be interested in taking a look at my reels? I tried PMing you, but apparently my profile can't PM anyone for some reason. thanks.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Ocean Master, I have a Penn 750, 650, and 6/0 that could all use a good cleaning and greasing. The 750 also has a drag issue that needs fixing. it looks like you have a lot of business, but would you be interested in taking a look at my reels? I tried PMing you, but apparently my profile can't PM anyone for some reason. thanks.
I have PMd him several times and received replies. Give him some time. He is probably really busy and his box may be full. He is working on three for me now.

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I will in the front garage starting about 11:00 in the morning. If I'm not out yet just come to the front door.

Thanks,

Keith

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have PMd him several times and received replies. Give him some time. He is probably really busy and his box may be full. He is working on three for me now.

It's not that he hasn't replied. Every time I try to PM someone it says I do not have privileges to do so. Anyone know why this might be? thanks.

·
Registered
960 Posts
They look great. Not sure when I'll be over there again but if you need them out of your way just let me know and I can have my dad pick them up.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just picked up my Penn 4/0 from Keith the reel looks great almost brand new can't wait to test it out this weekend..... thanks Keith really appreciate what you did.

61 - 80 of 124 Posts