Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dad is coming to visit next weekend and I want to put him on some fish(he absolutely loves fishing and does a lot of striper and other freshwater fishing in SC). I am still fairly new to the fishing around here and I could use a few tips. I have an 18' Center Console w/ a 130 Johnson. Where would be the best place to go? I would like to catch some of the Bull Reds, and if the weather/winds are ok I know he would like to go fish some of the nearshore wrecks. I appreciate any and all suggestions. By the way, this forum is great. I have found so much info in the last couple of months concentrated on this one site that would have taken forever to find elsewhere. Thanks for all the help. Hopefully I will start catching some fish and be able to add to the forum soon.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I would recomend getting a local map that has the wreaks on it as well as other hot spots. Go to any of the local bait/ tackle stores and ask them about the

map. I think they are $10 or so. The best place to start

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
bullreds at the pass behind ft pickens and around the jetties

they will hit cut bait but live bait works better

might be able to find a flounder around there this time of year

little ruff in the gulf, but if you catch a window you could go to any public reef and catch all the endangered red snappers you want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts