Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm new to the site and to kayaking. I currently use a friend of mines kayak just to float local creeks with and love it. I'm in the market for my own kayak and welcome any feedback from yall. I plan on fishing creeks, Escambia river, Blackwater river, and bays mostly. I've been looking at the Jackson Kilroy kayaks on there website. I'll also duck hunt out of my kayak. Do any of yAll recommend the Kilroy? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
that is a very cool kayak. I bought the Big Tuna and about 6 months later one of my sons bought a Kilroy. I was very impressed with it.

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,433 Posts
I saw two ascends with trolling motors somewhere in the last week either on here or Craig's list. I think it was 1100 for both

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The Coosa is more of a River boat, it is slow in flat water. The Kilroy would be a good kayak but for what you are wanting to do I would look at the Cuda 12. It is a great balance of speed, tracking and stability.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I agree with Azevedo I think the cuda would be more versatile for you . Not sure Id want to get caught in a sit inside when the bay kicks up. Plus as you become addicted you will probably find your way into the Gulf.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts