Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Whizzed off realist
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got word that Captain David Kisner of Destin has passed away last night. I've known Dave since 1998 when he ran the "Underdog", a Bertam sportfisher tied up at Oyster Bar Marina in Pensacola. He had run the Southern Exposure for a couple in Destin for several years before accepting a position running another boat called the Southern Comfort. Dave was one of the best fishermen I've ever met. I'll be praying for his family and his friends who knew this gentleman. He's been plagued with health problems since I met him, but he never let it stop him. He'll be missed sorely.

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
RIP buddy. I will be sure to throw a cast in your memory, Capt. O*D*W

·
Registered
502 Posts
Definitely one of the nicest guys you would ever meet. He was in LaPaz in Destin every time ate there and would always play with my kids.

RIP Dave

·
Registered
450 Posts
Big Dave was a good guy. He used to pick on me and some other pier rats on the pier when i was a kid. He used to hang our cobia rods about 10ft from the water by our cobia jigs. It wasnt funny at the time but it sure is now. He will be missed.

·
Retired Shrimp Expert
11 Posts
Goodbye Kisner

Prayers go out to all of Kisner's family and friends.
Kisner was a hell of a smart guy, could sling a cobia lure a country mile, drink a 6-pack in less than 2 minutes, and would always be there in a heartbeat for you if you ever needed anything at all.
Just a sweet, smart, amazing, funny man.

Thanks for being my friend David.
You will be missed.

·
Whizzed off realist
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just talked to Dave's former boss/best friend. He's a great guy. Deckhand/Baby Dave/Big Dave/Cap'n Dave will be laid to rest at Bayview Memorial Park off Scenic in Pensacola. I'll post the time and date when I'm advised.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Dave used to work for my Dad at Grays Tackle. He would always give me rides to the pier, pick me up for work, and on occasion he would frog me on the arm so hard that I couldnt use it for over an hour. As Myles mentioned above, he would mess with us rats on the pier, but would also do anything for you. I still have a rod he built for me in 92.

·
Whizzed off realist
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
1 - 13 of 13 Posts