Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My youngest daughter beth loves to swing.. but your avg swing set is not really strong enough.. was in lowes a few weeks ago and found some heavy duty swing hangers and swing seats so i decided to build one from scratch..

1 12 ft 4x6, 6 10 ft 4x4 ,6 80lb bags of sackcrete, and assorted 1/2 in galvinized bolts.. a little sweat a very sore back and some help from my son inlaw steve.

rich

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
looks great....if is still fresh (concrete) I'd take some of the top offand put some dirt instead so grass can grow around it. Good job..that thing is going no where.

·
PDC Fishing Team
1,970 Posts
Fishermon (12/23/2009)looks great....if is still fresh (concrete) I'd take some of the top offand put some dirt instead so grass can grow around it. Good job..that thing is going no where.

I'm going to have to disagree on chipping off the exposed concrete.... all this safety stuff makes kids too soft. That concrete is training material. After a few scratched knees and/or missing toenails, those kids/grandkids will be more agile and wiser than your pampered kids.

Great job! That thing may catch your house if the house starts to blow away. I don't think that swing is going anywhere though.

Now after all you've done here, I want you to go out and buy yourself something nice Clarke, real nice.

:)

·
PDC Fishing Team
1,970 Posts
After further review, I just noticed the coating or wrap on the chains. What the heck is that about? Now how are they going to learn what it's like to get their fingers/neck/arm pinched when they twist the chains for the spin/swing game???? or even get their hands burnt when they try to swing after 1:00 PM at 95 degrees???

Furthermore, you need to auger out some holes in the support bars and affix a horizontal, metal pole across for gymnastic use. This will assure that someone attempting a backflip from the bar will get whacked by a swinger, as the swinger passes by, mid-backflip. There will also be the priceless fall backwards/downwards flat on your back, knock the wind out of you for two forevers mishap, because their hands are wet or the bar gets real slick.

There's definitely some modifications to be made here for training tools.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,258 Posts
Swhiting,Riches daughter is handicapped. I hate that word but its the only one I can think of right now so give him a break. Looks great Rich,Beth is gonna love it.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Simmer down Dan...............................Pretty sure he is kiddin.....

Great job Rich,:clap we'll now have annother place to have PFF play dates. Dan will need a seat belt on his swing:baby

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
I'm going to have to disagree on chipping off the exposed concrete.... all this safety stuff makes kids too soft. That concrete is training material. After a few scratched knees and/or missing toenails, those kids/grandkids will be more agile and wiser than your pampered kids.

HeHe That was Funny. :)

That swing set will give many hours of enjoyment and it will not hop around when they try to go high. :)

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Great Job Rich, and I know that Beth will love it.When you get ready to make something else, give me a call; I love to build, especially for someone who would enjoy the results.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts