Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brother in law went to Wally World today to get his hunting license and was told that no license's could be sold before August 1st due to new laws coming out for this upcoming season. We will take another price increase, PLUS we are going to have to buy a TAG for each deer we intend to harvest!!

I called Santa Rosa County tag office and was told that there is something to that story, but they have not been officially informed of that as of yet. I have no real problem paying more for a license, but I do not want to pay up to $35.00 per tag for each deer I take!!!!

ALSO. EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1ST, OUR VEHICLE TAGS ARE GOING TO INCREASE BY 50 % FOR ALL VEHICLES WEIGHING UNDER 5000 POUNDS... WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY DOING???

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
ALSO. EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1ST, OUR VEHICLE TAGS ARE GOING TO INCREASE BY 50 % FOR ALL VEHICLES WEIGHING UNDER 5000 POUNDS... WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY DOING???

This is true but if you go to the tax office now you can buy a 2 year renewal for the old price.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, but, you can only do that within 90 days of time to renew your tags- my bday is in September and my wife's is in August, so we will be okay there.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I was ok with some what of a tax increase here and thereuntil I went to New Orleans 2 weeks ago. Now I see how our $ is being spent and Iam really pissed. I have heard that Chile has based it's governments future plan free market style. Maybe after a while I can convince Jen to move down south. Way south!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Is that tag tag going to hit our boat registrations too? I was raising hell with my wife, cause she just renewed my boat and truck registration in April for 2 years......Guess I owe her an apology..

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm really confused as to where all this money is going????? We saved like $250.00 after our great Governor Crist worked his magic....where did that money go????? Anybody??? And now they are squeezing us for more moneysmells like the old bait and switch to me. It sure as heck ain't going to support our fire fighters or county deputies. When people are having to take a break during their fight or disturbance, because there are two deputies working in Milton and the response time is 45 minutes to an hour.....we'll just thank our Govenor and B.O.C.C. Fire Fighters and Cops are like really good insurance and theU.S. MARINES, usually not needed, but priceless if you do.. So go buy you under paid firemen/firewomen and cops a donut. There I'm done venting.:usaflag

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
All I know to say is get used to it, and get ready for alot more of it. The politicians are going to need ALOT more money to successfully fund all their pet projects, and they see all of us with enough expendable income to go fishing/hunting as the fat birds sitting in the tree, easy pickings.

With all the new Obama spending, the next thing that is going to happen is massive inflation where milk will cost 10 dollars a gallon, gas will be 10 dollars a gallon, and loans will be at 20% interest at best. They will have to jack up interest rates to counteract the massive inflation.

Better enjoy it now, because I honestly think it is only going to get worse. Any hobby like hunting/fishing is going to be taxed and regulated every way possible, because the politicians see it as easy money from someone who can't fight back. Their ultimate goal is to make us dependent on the government.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I plan on continuing to hunt in alabama. Florida can keep their stinking deer tags. Maybe when the deer start overpopulating to the pont that you can't drive down the interstate at regular speed, then they will admit how stupid this idea is.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
And to think some people were jumping with joy because of the new saltwater shore license. a tax is a tax, folks. THIS is why I was against it....because it just won't stop!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
angus_cow_doctor (6/27/2009)I plan on continuing to hunt in alabama. Florida can keep their stinking deer tags. Maybe when the deer start overpopulating to the pont that you can't drive down the interstate at regular speed, then they will admit how stupid this idea is.
how is florida going to be any different than Alabama??You get 3 buck tags per year in AL also...

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
No AL has issued three buck tags for the last two years. You can still kill a doe a day but only 2 state leg. bucks and 1 with at least 4 points on one side. The only thing about the tags they are on the lic. and if you don't fill it in and don't get checked they wont know and you can kill more than your three. That all depends on the person them self.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
saltgrass (6/27/2009)No AL has issued three buck tags for the last two years. You can still kill a doe a day but only 2 state leg. bucks and 1 with at least 4 points on one side. The only thing about the tags they are on the lic. and if you don't fill it in and don't get checked they wont know and you can kill more than your three. That all depends on the person them self.
Exactly, it doesn't matter whether it's private or public land you only get 3 buck tags per year. I beleive it is a $500 fine if you get caught without your tag punched. I think it is a good rule it makes people more selective on what they shoot. Hopefully it will limit people from shooting a bunch of small bucks. Just my $.02

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
auburn17 (6/27/2009)
saltgrass (6/27/2009)No AL has issued three buck tags for the last two years. You can still kill a doe a day but only 2 state leg. bucks and 1 with at least 4 points on one side. The only thing about the tags they are on the lic. and if you don't fill it in and don't get checked they wont know and you can kill more than your three. That all depends on the person them self.
Exactly, it doesn't matter whether it's private or public land you only get 3 buck tags per year. I beleive it is a $500 fine if you get caught without your tag punched. I think it is a good rule it makes people more selective on what they shoot. Hopefully it will limit people from shooting a bunch of small bucks. Just my $.02
there is one flaw with this though, when people fill up there tags, they go on the computer and just print them off another license with three more tags. i have never done it since i have not killed 3 bucks in two years but it is done. somee obide but some dont.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
yes you are rite on. I even know peolpe that don't fill in there tags. That hunt on private property. They just kill as many as they want.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I agree it is going to get a lot worse. And it will probably take people getting killed from hitting herds of deer on the road....wait let me clarify.....some politician's family member. For example, if an honest fisherman catches an undersize fish and gut hooks it and keeps it to eat is he the badguy, or is it the boats with all the freaking nets..tax the hell out of store bought fish but leave the sport fishermen and hunters alone.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts