Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heard about a guy in freeport killing a big 16 pt that may be the new FL record. the guy telling me about it said it's a guy he's known for years and years and the state is looking into right now. anyone else caught wind of this? i told him i needed some pics. he said if he can figure out how to upload and email pics he'd have some to me right away.

my buddy's parents live on 331, south of the high school, and he said it was killed back behind their house.

·
Super Moderator
28,512 Posts
Gotta fishcamp south of 20 near the bridge.....there are deer down there but I aint never seen monsters...Love to see some pics!

·
Registered
607 Posts
i saw some pictures a guy at work took of a 16pt out of freeport a few weeks ago. there was also a 14pt taken that weekend around there also. they've got some big swamp donkeys down there.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bombtosser (2/12/2010)i saw some pictures a guy at work took of a 16pt out of freeport a few weeks ago. there was also a 14pt taken that weekend around there also. they've got some big swamp donkeys down there.
was the 16 pt a mack daddy or what? there can't be too many 16 pts. taken out of freeport. wouldn't think anyway. i may have been given bad info, don't know. the guy i talked sure made it sound like it was a crazy-huge FL deer though.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have heard about this Deer for several days. I heard it was huge as well. My buddy told me that he thought they were having to wait to score it ( drying out or something ?). If you guys are interested in finding out Copelands gun shop infreeportmay be a good call to make.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Both of the bucks were taken off of Nokuse Plantation (old First American Farms) The big one was actually an 18 pt. and the following weekend the 14 pt was killed. I helped clean the 14 which was a mack daddy, see my post about 4-5 weeks ago for the pics. I haven't seen the 18, but I know who killed it.

They supposedly get only 2 buck tags a year out there. It is a huge tract of land that is managed well. Not allowing any

new members out there, just the good ole boys.

·
Super Moderator
19,837 Posts
You would think if there was a 170" typical or 210" nontypicaldeer killed in the Panhandle there would be some pics floating around. I wanna see this stud if it was killed, thats pretty amazing if it is a new record.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Splittine (2/13/2010)You would think if there was a 170" typical or 210" nontypicaldeer killed in the Panhandle there would be some pics floating around. I wanna see this stud if it was killed, thats pretty amazing if it is a new record.
+1

·
Registered
383 Posts
ScullsMcNasty (2/13/2010)
Splittine (2/13/2010)You would think if there was a 170" typical or 210" nontypicaldeer killed in the Panhandle there would be some pics floating around. I wanna see this stud if it was killed, thats pretty amazing if it is a new record.
+1
Im with you and splittine , a 150" deer would be in the news paper around hereor somebody would have been talking about it!

·
Super Moderator
19,837 Posts
Fishwater (2/15/2010)Hell of a nice deer, but what is with the whiteout on the guy's face? I'm sure the answer will be entertaining...
Probably didnt want to put his face online with out his permission.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Borty (2/14/2010)18pt.

i've spent a lot of time looking at the current FL record in bps. i can't say this is without a doubt one to beat it, but it looks pretty close. that's a freak anywhere, but esp for FL. i hope that's the real pic and not something somebody found on google or somethin. haha. if it is the real pic, thanks for posting!

·
Registered
198 Posts
You wanted pics, so I posted them????? Didn't have the guys permission, so I didn't post his face. This picture was taken at Nick's restaraunt

·
Registered
870 Posts
That is a monster for Florida. To me he looks like a mainframe 140 or so without all the kickers and I would have no clue what they would score. Just a guess, but a great deer anywhere. He has got to be old to have all those kickers as a florida buck, do not see many around here with that kind of stuff.

I cannot believe there is not more about this buck and the shooter going around. I am not one to boast, but if I shot something that big I would certainly tell all my good friends and I am sure the word would spread fast.

Where about is that club located? Just wondering general area they hunt, is it around the Choctaw river?

·
Registered
611 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts