Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me pops and a buddy are heading to park east around 5ish. Going to hit the seashore and throw for some pins or mullet for bait before heading out. Just seeing if anyone else is going to be out surf fishing tonight or wanted to join. It'll be our first time doing some "real surf fishing". Just got us some 11ft plus surf rods last night and will be trying our luck. Wouldn't mind some advise for some beginners if you're going to be close by.

·
Registered
114 Posts
park east?????

i am a day surf fisher BUT, ( park east) does not say if you are in pensacola, alabama, milton. i know most folks that surf fish at night are shark fishing.

OK just pulled up Park East, that is my old fishing hole until they put that dog park in there, i may start trying there again after 4 years of Dog Park protest lol

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fishing was harsh tonight. Used live shrimp, dead and peeled, cut bait, and fiddlers. Managed only one bluefish, one ladyfish, and more cats than we could count. All fish were caught the first 4 hrs. Grass was terrible at first, and went away during the last hour and a half. Fished from 6-12

·
Registered
208 Posts
Fishing was harsh tonight. Used live shrimp, dead and peeled, cut bait, and fiddlers. Managed only one bluefish, one ladyfish, and more cats than we could count. All fish were caught the first 4 hrs. Grass was terrible at first, and went away during the last hour and a half. Fished from 6-12
This predominantly North wind isn't conducive to anything productive.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
North wind is something to avoid when surf fishing? We welcomed it considering it made the gulf nearly flat and easier to walk out and cast.

·
Registered
114 Posts
catfish

catfish is why i do not fish the beach at night. i use a mallot to knock them out, they will hurt you for a long time. i flounder gig at night

1 - 8 of 8 Posts