Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are heading out in the morning. Long drive ahead, but really looking forward to it. There are A LOT of people heading out as well to Kansas, Illinois, and Missiouri. Just wanted to wish all good luck and great hunts. The weather looks promising, the deer (from reports) are chasing up there, and they have cut some corn. Hopefully, I will have some pics and video to post upon returning. Take care

Wes

·
Capt Dickhead
1,225 Posts
Hope you dont have any of those cheap broadheads!! I know you've been practicing everyday right?!?!? :poke

Good luck bro, looking forward to some pics of a monster!!

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
Be carefull there was more people killed there just last month than in Iraq.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HeartofDixie (11/6/2008)Good Luck to both of you!!! Post pics when you return!

Don't miss Wes :poke

hopefully I got all my misses out at the beginning of the season!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Some are starting to chase but Idid seetwo bucks together 2 days ago. One of them was young so that isn't too unusual even in the rut. The gun season opens in a little over a week here in Missouri and they are pretty good about scheduling it to coincide with the main rut. They have added the 4 point on one side rule to many more counties here so over the next few years things can only get better! We have a front coming through today turning things cool and they are scraping good now so that should stir them up even more. I have seen some really good bucks in the past few weeks. You are hitting it at a great time. Good luck to all of you!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jigslinger (11/6/2008)Some are starting to chase but Idid seetwo bucks together 2 days ago. One of them was young so that isn't too unusual even in the rut. The gun season opens in a little over a week here in Missouri and they are pretty good about scheduling it to coincide with the main rut. They have added the 4 point on one side rule to many more counties here so over the next few years things can only get better! We have a front coming through today turning things cool and they are scraping good now so that should stir them up even more. I have seen some really good bucks in the past few weeks. You are hitting it at a great time. Good luck to all of you!
hey jigslinger, how effective are decoys up there?????

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I hope you are taking a butter knife because as we all know from the election Obama made all guns illegal in Illinois and hunting has been banned....:banghead:banghead

Good luck on the hunt, what county are you going to? I grew up in Adams...really nice deer there. Some of the best hunting was on the islands.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
we will be in the Mt. Sterling area, brown county. We went last year and saw some pretty nice bucks up there.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Yeah, that's right next to Quincy. My Uncle lives right near Siloam Springs. He picked up about 150acres out there a few years ago. That area is prime. My grandpa has a camp out there too he said you can't shoot a buck without hitting a doe in thier area. He is planning on some serious dinners from all of the meat they are getting. I have my orders in since the family made me go up there on vacation BEFORE deer season..:banghead

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Caspr21 (11/6/2008)
jigslinger (11/6/2008)Some are starting to chase but Idid seetwo bucks together 2 days ago. One of them was young so that isn't too unusual even in the rut. The gun season opens in a little over a week here in Missouri and they are pretty good about scheduling it to coincide with the main rut. They have added the 4 point on one side rule to many more counties here so over the next few years things can only get better! We have a front coming through today turning things cool and they are scraping good now so that should stir them up even more. I have seen some really good bucks in the past few weeks. You are hitting it at a great time. Good luck to all of you!
hey jigslinger, how effective are decoys up there?????
Honestly I couldn't tell you Caspr21. I've never used one but I don't see why they wouldn't work. The last one I killed came blasting in to a doe bleat so they should work well along with a call. Good luck with it and let us know how it works.

4,058 Posts
just now saw this. no wonder you havent returned my call yet. i left you a pretty funny voicemail. i needed your professional assistance bad this past weekend; it's ok i am back in auburn. i'll just give all my insurance money to mark

1 - 17 of 17 Posts