Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Annual trip. Weather actually looks good for the first couple of days. Then the wind will show up of course.
Anyone been lately? Headed to stay at the Pelican.
They have a new website!

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Dang it man!
I’m so envious!
Please take pictures and have a great trip!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Been running my mouth about doing that for well over 10 years. That is as far as I have made it.

Good luck and please post a report

·
Registered
569 Posts
I went once about 40 years ago when I got out of college. We took a houseboat out of Biloxi, I think, and spent several days. The houseboat had several smaller skiffs with tiller outboards onboard that they would lowered over the side and let you go. My brother-in-law and I had a skiff, and we caught tons of trout and redfish on the windward side of the islands and went around to the Gulf side and caught a bunch of Spanish. We were fishing and a Cessna with pontoons flew in a landed near us then rolled up to the beach and a couple guys got out and started fishing from the beach. Pretty cool!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Awesome... stay safe, have fun, and please post a report and pictures!

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Short report, more info with some pics later. Fishing was slow. Weather was good until Saturday. Had to stay over Sunday due to 7 ft seas. Rough ride back on Monday. Got tossed out of a skiff when we hit something. Not fun, good thing I was wearing my brown pants. Personally landed 3 red and a dozen trout. But the food was excellent, the company great, and the environment perfect! Not a cell signal to be had.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
How far out is that mother ship lodge Phillip?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Norther tip of Chandeluer is 22 mi south of Biloxi as the crow flies. Boats normally anchor near the islands just west of Chandeluer in Brenton sound about 35-40 miles from Biloxi.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
How far out is that mother ship lodge Phillip?
The Pelican stays out there we always took our own boats and stayed there. Its single wide trailers on floats. when he brings it in for a storm he puts all his skiffs in there slips and pushes the whole thing back in. Its a neat set up

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reactions: H2OMARK

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Mark we were at 35 miles.
35 miles in a Carolina Skiff in bad weather? Dang that surly explains your swim, glad all went as (sort of) planned....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts