Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well we made it to Destin. Kayak is in the back of the truck just in case the weather decides to clear up, but it I have a feeling it will be staying in back of the truck for this trip :-( Maybe it'll clear up some later this week.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well we made it to Destin. Kayak is in the back of the truck just in case the weather decides to clear up, but it I have a feeling it will be staying in back of the truck for this trip :-( Maybe it'll clear up some later this week.
Yea the surf was really rough. I found some fish on the east jetti though. Go down there if you get a few hours of no rain with some fresh peeled shrimp and sand fleas. We caught mangrove snapper and spade fish it was a lot of fun. We also caught some other species that I couldn't figure out what they were. The guy next to us caught some grouper. The mangrove snapper wouldn't bite until I took all the weights off and just put a shrimp on a bare hook with no weight and floated it down to them. Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Caught a few blue runner today in front of the condo. Grabbed my rods, paddled out about 3/4 of a mile and fished one about 40'-50' down and one on the surface. The one that was down took off after about 20 minutes and the clicker was humming away on my TLD25. I eased on the drag and finally slowed the fish down. Started reeling and tightened the drag a little more. Then the fish took off again and I didn't react fast enough to loosen the drag. Snapped my 80lb braid and what ever it was swam away with my wire leader and circle hook to show his friends his new piercing.

I gave up after that because didn't bring anymore leaders, hooks and weights in the kayak. Hopefully I'll get to give it another go tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday morning. I' m just glad this weather cleared up and I was able to get out on the water.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts