Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clock is ticking! Only 5 minutes and I'm out of work. Spending to weekend at the Camp. I will keep ya'll posted hope, I get to stick one! Everyone have a good weekend and be safe in the woods.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Ill be in bw all weekend as well. im actually sitting in the stand now and havent seen a thing. Hopefully they will move with this cold front coming in

·
Super Moderator
13,339 Posts
Good deal! I think you can shoot a nanny every sit in BW ... they've been mashing em! I'll be out there Sunday if I don't go to Alabama.

Sent from my LG G2X using Forum Runner

·
Registered
231 Posts
I plan on hitting it in the next couple weeks!

I was new to the area last year and deployed right as season heated up so I did not hunt for family reasons.

Really look forward to getting out there this year...but am clueless on which areas are decent for bow hunting.

I hope I don't walk in on anyone...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Jdog what areas do u plan on hunting in bw?
totally clueless at this point--I suck and the work schedule has not given me the opportunity to scout at all yet! :(

But hope is on the way as in Nov I will be getting out and thereafter.

If you have any suggestions...i will gladly take them.

Just shoot me a pm and I owe you a beer!!! or several! :thumbup:

I live in Navarre...thanks!

·
Super Moderator
13,339 Posts
Drive down any road and look for acorn trees.... climb a pine tree in an oak thicket.... you'll see deer.

Sent from my LG G2X using Forum Runner

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got to BWM about 2.30 p.m. , took a shower and suited up for the evening hunt. Went to a section that I have hunted for years when there is a North wind. Got there only to find another truck where I park. (Chaulk that one up to up to being on PUBLIC LAND)!!! Headed to another section (back up plan)! Climed my pine at about 3:45 p.m. (wind was ALL wrong) Started seeing movement around 4:30. Watched as five Nannies fed under some Oaks, waiting on a step in my direction. (about ten yards) As that started to happen I heard a truck in the distance. The deer scattered and the guy must have stopped by or close to my truck. (Once again chaulked it up to being on Public Land.) Never seen another deer! The events played over and over in my head that night and during the morning hunt. About 9.00am Saturday morning I climed out of my pine and headed straight to Brewton an spent $278.00 :thumbdown: on Alabama license, and started scouting my Uncles lease.. I will still occasionaly hunt BWM area. But, the amount of hunters has increased a lot!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts