Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy crap Batman, I got a 35 Whelen barrel from Chase and topped her w/ a Vortex Hog Hunter 3x12x56 (30 mm) scope....Just sent 5 rounds down the pipe!!! It's a mule, worse then my 300 WM!!! I didn't tighten the scope down enough either and the scope slid a little so after 5 shots (200 grain Fusions), I'm done fer today! I have a 35 REM and figured it was close to it, noooooo way! Not to mention it melted through my 3/8 AR500 silhouette target!!! :D

I'll torque her down and sight her in another day!!!:thumbsup: I LIKE IT THOUGH!!!

IMG_20170413_140847_265_zps7zu1cevo.jpg

20170413_141942_zpskclelfa5.jpg

20170413_141935_zpspdeyipfq.jpg

·
Super Moderator
28,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, now I figured why the scope was knocked off.....

20170413_152041_zpspxibv36f.jpg

The front one cracked completely, the back one has a small hairline crack!!! 1st time this has ever happened to me.... They are Leopold rings too.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Nope, never seen that. But I can imagine you may have a little blue in the shoulder.

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,918 Posts
Them .35 whelens are nasty, bought me and the wife 2 a couple years ago, shot mine twice and brought em back and got .444 Marlins. Sucker was WAY worse than my .300wm or synthetic stocked 7mm mag

·
Registered
732 Posts
How tight did you tighten them things? lol But I can see why the recoil is worse than your 300 WM. Took at the comb on the stock vs a regular stock. That's just asking to take a beating. Are you going to shoot something with it this year? :)

·
Super Moderator
28,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How tight did you tighten them things? lol But I can see why the recoil is worse than your 300 WM. Took at the comb on the stock vs a regular stock. That's just asking to take a beating. Are you going to shoot something with it this year? :)
I actually didn't think I tightened em enough. I sent a message to Leopold and will wait to hear from em. I love a mule kicking me so punishment is OK fer now. Let me get a few more years on me then I'll maybe go to a 223! Hahahah. I always plan on killing something with my firearms but unfortunately the critters don't cooperate!!!!

Reactions: lettheairout

·
Super Moderator
28,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll give an A+++ to Leopold fer customer service!!!! I emailed them yesterday about 1600 and when I checked my email this morning, I had a reply wanting my address and make/model rings so they could ship out what I needed!!! AWESOME! Now when I get em, I can bruise up my shoulder again!!! hahaha

Hey Jon, come over and we'll talk chickens and you can sight the beast in!!! We'll see who the sissy is.....hahaha

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
I had no idea a .35 Whelen kicks like that.
Leupold is a top notch company. I own several of their scopes and binos.
They could give other companies lessons on customer service. I'm a fan.

·
Super Moderator
28,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had no idea a .35 Whelen kicks like that.
Leupold is a top notch company. I own several of their scopes and binos.
They could give other companies lessons on customer service. I'm a fan.
When I get the parts back and get her put back together, grab a few guns and come on out and we'll shoot!!! You can experience it!!! hahaha:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts