Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy an airmar B164 1KW thruhull transducer and wondering if anyone else has this set up. Under the transducer selection I see the B164 5K and B164 10K and also Generic 50/200Khz 1000 Watt RMS. I do not see the B164 1K listed. Would selecting the 5K or Generic work? Thanks

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
I do Not know where your looking, but a B 164 is a 1000 watt X-ducer.

That is a Non Chirp X-ducer.......

Now.....There is a 0 deg , 12 deg and a 20 deg angle to pick from. This depends on your hull's deadrise at the transom.

If your shopping for one.....BOE

https://www.boemarine.com/marine-navigation-equipment/transducers.html

Your obviously looking at some site with a misprint....cause those numbers don't make any sense. Here is the info straight from Airmar.

http://www.airmar.com/productdescription.html?id=11

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
So You didn't really give the FULL info of what your dealing with " HDS Gen 3"

OK I figured it out....It's a Lowarance HDS Gen 3..... Important info.

Anyway..... Your looking for the wrong X-Ducer. A B-164 is Not Chirp.

You want a B- 175.......And depending on your normal water depth that you fish?

B175L......B175M.....B175H..... ...I usually install the B175M.....Then add the Hull deadrise # to select the right one...

If you have a CHIRP machine ....You handicap yourself by not installing a CHIRP X-Ducer.....Yep....a bunch more expensive. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, Lowrance HDS Gen 3 sorry. I am looking at the sonar installation setting where you select the transducer type. I did not see the 1 KW listed. Thought it was weird.

I did not think of a Chirp transducer. I fish anywhere from 100'-600' deep dropping. I will have to look into it and do a little more research. Thanks

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Well 100ft to 400ft the Medium would be best....After that the Low would be best....

You have to choose 1.

Usually once a X-ducer is interfaced with the unit..It recognizes it. The only time I have seen where there is a option is when multi X-ducers are interfaced...and you pick one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts