Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Home Depot changes rope sales practice after nooses are found in store
New York (CNN Business)Home Depot has changed the way it sells rope after a customer reported finding nooses hanging in a North Carolina store — the latest in a series of similar incidents at its stores in recent years.
In early June, as the nation faced widespread protests over the killing of George Floyd, a Charlotte resident said she found two nooses hanging in a local Home Depot. She told a local news station she was shocked to find the knots displayed openly on store shelves.
Home Depot (HD) released a statement saying it was "appalled and disturbed by the incident."
But it wasn't the first time Home Depot was alerted to nooses in its stores. As a result, the company has decided to sell shorter, pre-cut lengths of rope instead of rope wrapped on large spools.

"Unfortunately, we've had some instances where spooled rope was used to create hate symbols and we're not going to tolerate it," Home Depot spokesperson Margaret Smith told CNN Business on Thursday.
The hangman's noose knot is widely regarded as a threatening symbol of racism and hatred. In American history, noose knots were commonly used to hang African Americans during routine lynchings that have terrorized Black communities since slavery.

Home Depot (HD) said the rope sale policy change was a precautionary measure.

A rope tied in a noose knot is displayed. Home Depot recently modified how it packages and sells rope in response to past noose-related incidents.
In 2016, a Pittsburgh-area Home Depot employee filed a complaint after discovering a noose hanging in the rope aisle inside his store. And last year, a Wilmington, Delaware, Home Depot came under fire after sisters Lisa and Lyonni Flowers reported finding nooses hanging in the store's rope aisle.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Guess they will have to get rid of every old western flick on tv. Hanging was the method of justice back in the day. Clint Eastwood will be erased from history. Dammit, I like Clint. Just a guess, but I am willing to bet more white folks were hung. This is dumb. Next, Disney will have to get rid of the stockade thing in Liberty Square in front of the Paddle wheel ferry at the Magic Kingdom. I got money on this one.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why can't humans just be nice?
We got no idea if it was a noose or loop knot. What I have on the boat would be called nooses by the ignorant.

·
Registered
9,890 Posts
How do they know the nooses weren't for a horse theif?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,985 Posts
IDK, maybe a private island in the South Pacific? But the idiots would still find you and want to tell you how to live and run your island.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Saipan

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
They wouldn't know a hangman's noose from a Lefty Kreh loop knot.

·
Registered
675 Posts
What can I find that offends me today ?

Reactions: catfever24

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
If anyone has every paid attention to History the noose has been used to hang and kill every race of human, why suddenly it's only used to represent hatred towards blacks is just retarded.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
If anyone has every paid attention to History the noose has been used to hang and kill every race of human, why suddenly it's only used to represent hatred towards blacks is just retarded.
You cant say the "R" word

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,985 Posts
You cant say the "R" word
Then how am I going to have my distributor set if the timing is retarded? Just say "Hey, mech, the timing is physically challenged" ? lol
That's gonna go over like a fart in church, I tell ya.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts