Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bring my 12' OK scrambler clone down there every year on my wife's Honda pilot, but this year we are bringing my truck. It's an extended cab Silverado with a 6'6" bed. I hual it,in the back of the truck all the time, but not when the truck is full of luggage. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
traveling saltwater nut
120 Posts
if you don't want to spend much $$$.in my old short bed dodge i took. some 2x4s and cut a long notch in them to go into holes in the corners of the bed and put one screw through the quarter sized access hole on the side so they couldnt come out going down the road. then screwed on a cross rail. basic same idea as that first link but frees out of the scrap pile.lol kayak rode 2in above the cab. i tied them down upside down for a little more aerodynamics.

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,887 Posts
I just ordered one of these to put on my lil Toyota p/u, not pretty, but I think it’ll serve the purpose fine and free up bed space while I tote kayak. About $80 on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Turn the yak upside down on top of the luggage, run a strap thru handles or scupper holes on both ends and tighten it down. It shouldn't move.

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turn the yak upside down on top of the luggage, run a strap thru handles or scupper holes on both ends and tighten it down. It shouldn't move.
I do on the pilot. Don't have a luggage rack on my truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
421 Posts
with the tail gate down it should give you an extra 12-18 inches under the yak. I would just put the yak in the truck bed, maybe at a bit of a skewed angle, and tie it down well. Make sure you put a flag on the the end sticking out the back.

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did I mention I would be driving from Arkansas with luggage and fishing gear for 6? I usually carry it that way with a couple ratchet straps on it.

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kinda looking into one of those, or maybe welding one from scratch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts