Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First haul out/bottom job since moving boat to Orange Beach. Any opinions on Barbers vs Saunders ?

Thanks
WAR DAWG

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Just had it done at Pelican Perch in Pensacola. About half the quote from Saunders, and they did good work. Mine's a 30 footer.

·
Registered
709 Posts
mines fixin to come out at Barber's for the bottom and a new thru hull for some tuna tubes.
I am about to Install our tuna tubes as well :

I am wondering whether we are going to have to install a new thru hull as well :

Our Live well pretty much sux anyway( 43 Viking express has like a 30-35 gallon well) so i am wondering if i can T off the intake for the exisiting and still get enough flow to two pumps rather than one.

Or take the intake to a small sea chest with two outlets for each pump.

There has to be a way to use my exiting livewell intake.

What are they charing you to install the tubes and drill the new intake ??

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
Allen Williams seafood has haul out and a yard to work on.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
I am about to Install our tuna tubes as well :

I am wondering whether we are going to have to install a new thru hull as well :

Our Live well pretty much sux anyway( 43 Viking express has like a 30-35 gallon well) so i am wondering if i can T off the intake for the exisiting and still get enough flow to two pumps rather than one.

Or take the intake to a small sea chest with two outlets for each pump.

There has to be a way to use my exiting livewell intake.

we are putting in three to start with and we are using a 2 HP pool pump. gulf coast yacht werks in p'cola is building them and gulfstream yacht service in doing the install when we redo the bottom

·
Fowl Mood
23 Posts
I had my boat at Sportsman's end of last year and they would include a haulout for no charge. I had to rehaul out and they charged $250 for my 31'.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I had my boat at Sportsman's end of last year and they would include a haulout for no charge. I had to rehaul out and they charged $250 for my 31'.

Yea sportsmans is a great place to haul a boat up to a certain weight and size I'm pretty sure under 33 k pounds .

If you have a larger sportfisher 40 ft and over your gonna have to use a place that has a heavy duty travel lift :

There are several places in Pensacola and I know for sure Saunders in OB has one :thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts