Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its so expensive and I’m always feel the pressure! Started this one about 9:30 this morning. It was 14# but I imagine around 10# after trimming. Planning on wrapping it around dark and cooking another 3 or 4 hrs before reaching 205 degrees. Egg set at 225. But in 2 hrs internal is already 184!! I killed the heat and slowed it down. Got it wrapped at about 4.5 hrs and got her back on. Every one I’ve ever done acted different most stalling for several hrs around 150. Frustrating but always good - I hope!

·
Registered
14,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
6 hrs and pulled it at 206 internal. It didn’t feel right at 201. So I held off. At 206 the probe went thru the foil and it was like nothing was on the other side. Hope I didn’t go to long

·
Super Moderator
28,309 Posts
The stall in briskets SUCK!!! Love me some good brisket though!!!!

·
Super Moderator
28,309 Posts
UPDATE Kevin??????????:shifty::whistling::shifty:

·
Registered
14,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well. Brisket is very forgiving. We had a little for supper Saturday and then fed the whole family at lunch today. Straight up the best piece of meat I ever had. Everybody was shocked at how tender it was. Cut it with a fork and it really melted in your mouth. The only thing that was not perfect was losing the crunchy “bark” during the wrapping. Already planning for the next one

·
Super Moderator
28,309 Posts
Glad to hear it, but I need to check w/ Verizon my invite from you to share it didn't go through??? hahaha

·
Registered
14,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm glad it turned out ok for you. I know it sure looked good. What rub did you use??

Cup of salt, pepper, 1/4 cup paprika, garlic granules and 1/4 cup onion powder. It was good but enough for about 3 briskets

·
Registered
14,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad to hear it, but I need to check w/ Verizon my invite from you to share it didn't go through??? hahaha

You coulda came by for leftovers at the shop today but it’s all gone and now we back to boiled eggs tomorrow

·
lobsterguy
800 Posts
Taste, moisture and texture was fantastic !

I had me a piece of this brisket and it was the best I have ever tasted. I realize I am only 62 but it was absolutely the best piece I ever had bar none. Kevin, you can probably narrow down how I got a taste of it if you think about where all the pieces went...…. You did a great job and I am surprised you are not being told to do it again immediately. Absolutely great. Mike

·
Registered
265 Posts
Your first mistake was using the Egg! Just kidding. I ruined quite a few briskets when I first started cooking in AZ until one of my Marine buddies, also a certified Texas pitmaster, taught me the ways. Once I figured it out, they were outstanding and when the Texas guys ask you to cook brisket for them it must be good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts