Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sure looks cool until you see how much actual fishing room it has. The console area is just absolutely fantastic. The actual fishing area of the boat--across the transom and down the sides is a total disaster. The designer obviously never fished in his life. I have no idea what the cost might be.

·
Registered
465 Posts
If the baitwells were moved to the center console it may actually be a decent platform. The gang plank between the engines is pretty neat, not sure how functional it would be but i hate fishing around outboards.

Dougherty's roots are with whaler then went on to create edgewater and everglades brands. So they (father/son) have a lot of experience in offshore/cc boats. That being said, be tough for me to critique much until I stepped on one.

Reactions: Walton County

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$800,000? Really?

I sure see a lot of boats with triple 425s or so around here. I can't imagine the cost. What do you do to afford one of those beasts?.

In 1964-5 or so, I bought a 16'7" Whaler knock off with a 40 ho Johnson and trailer for $1300. That boat caught bunches of Sailfish and White Marlin (including 9 in one day, all kept due to a bet) and the next year, I trailered it to Nova Scotia for a week fishing for Bluefin Tuna. Sold enough fish on that trip to pay for the boat plus all of the trip expenses.

$1300 was huge to me that far back. 55 years ago. I'm pretty old. Not pretty but old.

·
Premium Member
9,825 Posts
If I ever buy another it will be a 3 piece hull or a catamaran.

Reactions: jgraham154

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Some neat concepts and it looks pretty, but it does seem like for fishing it would be sorta crowded, especially for a 34 foot hull.

Reactions: Yellow River Cat
1 - 9 of 9 Posts