Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my brother in law, has a 2002 HD Sportster 883, converted to a 1200... Well on there 9/11 run in Reno, had there dip stick go flying out down the road along with all the oil.... I believe they over filled the oil, and of course the oil is all over the air filter.. Question is..... what else could they have messed up??? what needs to be done... engine is already emptied along with the gas (they moved here by moving semi and had to empty it all to move it here)... My BIL isnt very mechanically inclined (obvisously) so now its on Sean's head to fix..... anyone that has experience with HD's that would like to give there opionion or help would be much apreciated....

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
I doubt they lost all of the oil. I recomend bringing it to a bike shop be checked out and to have fluids changed and serviced. then a good ole detailing to clean up the oil. I have used "Redline" on Airport blvd near hwy 29 in pensacola and would definitly recomend them.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Drain and refill all the fluids start bike if it is smoking or knocking shut it down and get ready to rebuild

·
Registered
724 Posts
getbent (11/13/2007)Drain and refill all the fluids start bike if it is smoking or knocking shut it down and get ready to rebuild
what he said. it's a harley, but its still a machine. just have to see/hear what damage if any was caused. you didnt say, did he stop right away? did he notice right away and stop? did he not notice right away and the bike stopped itself?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Snagged Line (11/13/2007)I doubt they lost all of the oil. I recomend bringing it to a bike shop be checked out and to have fluids changed and serviced. then a good ole detailing to clean up the oil. I have used "Redline" on Airport blvd near hwy 29 in pensacola and would definitly recomend them.
I agree 100% on the advice and the shop recommendation. They are between 29 and W st:bowdown

·
Registered
174 Posts
Be sure and check the rear brake pads, if oil got on them they should be replaced. been there , did that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts