Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am listing this for a friend. The bike has been parked and neglected for several years and needs some work. some of the chrome polishes up nicely and some of it is rusty and needs to be replaced. The front wheel is the worseof the rusty chrome and needs to be replaced.( I found a good used one W/ tire for $240.00.)

I cleaned it up and got it running again. (It was running and ridable when parked). I cleaned up the carburator and ran it on a test tank of gas. The motor starts and runs good, The transmission shifts into gear and the clutch works. Front and rear brakes need work as they do not operate at all( needs brake repairs), The fuel tanks need to be removed and cleaned along with a oil change.

This is a 1977 Harley FX with a Hydro Glide front end. It is still complete and has not had a pile of alterations. My favorite feature is the Old Skool Kick starter and It has that slow idle sound around 600RPM. Those that apreciate the old Harleys will understand that hard to describesound.................

<U>EDIT: ASKING PRICE IS $3800.00/ OFFERS</U>

Seriously, If I could spare the money I would be all over this....................

Drop Me a PM if you want more info, Thanks....................Dennis

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I'll describe the sound that an old shovel makes for ya!

POTATO-POTATO-POTATO-POTATO-POTATO

They are my absolute favorite motors Harley made. They are the last of the ones you can wrench on yourself. I just rebuilt my motor and I am in the process of rebuilding the whole bike. EASY TO WORK ON. It wouldn't take much for someone to have a badass classic!

I have a ton of take off parts if someone buys this bike. Some cheap some free!

That is an awsome deal.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wld1985 (1/31/2010)
flappininthebreeze (1/31/2010)You never said how much you/he/they are asking.
It says 3800 OBO under the topic..

I Edited the post...........thanks

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Hey Dennis, i would love to look at the bike. (Tobbe will kill me if i buy it. We have lost too many friends on bikes). With that said, i would like to check it out. Is it at your house?

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it is Scott, let me know when and I can show it to ya. I need to stop looking at it because I am weak.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I remember a time not to long ago that bike would bring 10 k in heartbeat !!!!!!! They run forever but not fast at it LOL

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
that ole bike has been backroads from daytona to indy (not on a trailer) i sure am gonna miss her, even if i havent riden her for some years now. i think angelyn will miss her more than me.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Tobbe's mad!

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Scott, thanks for stoping by. I understand that this is gonna be more of a restoratiion project than you were hoping for this close to cobia season...................You woulda looked sweet cruisingKey West in your Leather Crocks and Socks chasin those Lobsters ya know............

The Harley is still available.........Thanks for the PMs and comments. Iwant topoint out again that this bike is not a"TURN KEY"Bike that is ready to Ride, There is conciderable rust on some of the Chrome that is not evident in the photos,Most of the major chrome covers on the motor itself have cleaned up and are very acceptable yet not "Show Quality"the rear fender support arms are pitted and need replacing and the Chrome around the forward mounted controls are rusted.

PM with any more Questions.............................Thanks

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
when i parked this bike it was rideable. i parked it on my covered back porch with a cover over it. that was about 12 years ago, time has taken its toll, it needs parts chromed, tires, brakes and cables.

after sitting for 12 years after it is amazing how well the motor runs and sounds.

if someone wanted to put in the blood, sweat and tears this bike has great potential and would be one hell of a head turning classicmagic carpet ride.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think this thing would sell in Daytona, which is coming up in a few weeks. Maybe post it on Craigs list in Daytona, as many biker owners are looking that way right now.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rooster21 (2/3/2010)I think this thing would sell in Daytona, which is coming up in a few weeks. Maybe post it on Craigs list in Daytona, as many biker owners are looking that way right now.
Hey Rooster, Thanks for the Craigslist suggestion....................I listed it in the local section rather than Daytona and now I dread checking my E-mail for my normalstuff from friends and family because of all of the traffic.......................................Looking like it is gonna go away soon..........Thanks again.............Dennis

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/mcy/1586605513.html

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for everyones input and referals, I Sold the Harley Davidson this morning and met a Great guy and fellow riderin the process. Congrats Jerry, I can't wait to see how she turns out...................................Mark, I'll be comming to see you this afternoon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts