Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I build handmade commercial pinfish traps that have produced awesome results. I have never seen a trap fill up as these traps do and there are several captains around that have used the trap and can vouch for the results. Simply put, this trap outperforms any trap that I have personally used or seen. Even during the winter I was able to catch pinfish when few were able to. I am currently building two trap sizes. The first trap (Coastal Model)has two inlets and measures approximately 16" L, 13 1/2"W and 11 1/4" H and a "Commercial Model" version that has 4 inlets and measures approximately 24" L, 13 1/4"W and 11 1/4"H. The traps are made from galvanized welded wire and handmade to last. Traps have worked best for me with 1-2 lbs of cut in half sardines or cigar minnows dropped directly into the trap and left out the night before a trip on or near grassy bottom. Commercial model will hold up to approximately 15-18 dozen pinfish, Coastal size trap will hold up to approximately 50-75 pinfish. Commercial trap $70, Coastal sized $40. E-mail [email protected] or send me a PM. Now upgraded with stainless rings!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #335570; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">0<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #335570; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Here are some quotes from current owners of the traps:<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #335570; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Bought one of richie's traps a couple of months ago (coastal model)....Set out his and a walmart trap about 20 yds from each (same depth)...Walmart cought a dozen, his cought almost 4 dozen and is HALF the size of the wally world one.....Just thought I'd throw in some advertisement Richie!!

Thanks

Justin<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #335570; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #335570; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Likewise Richie... useing my Coastal model on a regular bais. And, I mean getting nice numbers within minutes. Unbelievable!<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/forum/images/emoticons/smile_tup.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\RICHIE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

-----
"Sharks are no longer at the top of the food chain!"

"If Mondays were fish, I would throw them back!"<o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #335570; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #335570; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">I can attest to the effectiveness of these traps. I've tried them and they will catch pinfish when other traps will not. They outcatch the conventional traps probably about 4 to 1. They are amazing!
-----
Day Break Marina
http://www.daybreakmarina.org
"Nothin Matters" Fishing Team
-37' Topaz<o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #335570; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: #335570">Hey guys & gals,<o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: #335570">Anyone that wants a first hand testimony, just give me a call. Capt. Richie has got the market cornered on a new style pinfish trap that works better than any other trap out there. I have set my trap in the winter when there would be no one catching any pinfish and 12 hours later it was carrying loads of bait.<o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: #335570">I haven?t figured out why they will go in his trap and not my trap (that was purchased from the local bait store) but his hands down catches more bait. I dropped his next to mine with the same amount of chum in each, 12 hours later his brought up 6 dozen pinfish and mine brought up 10 pinfish. This is not the only time I tested the results either. Several times last year when we were headed offshore he would drop his and I would drop mine in another location, every time his out produced mine by at least double! Needless to say I now own several of the Richie traps. <o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: #335570">Don?t wait to get your order in; it?s not long till the season is here. <o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: #335570">Capt. Eddie<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 12pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #335570; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">
-----
Professional Fishing Guide
Capt. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:personName w:st="on">Eddie Woodall</st1:personName>
Full Net Charters
Navarre FL.
850-936-8203
http://fullnetcharters.com <o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #335570; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Got my coastal model in the water today. It was only in about two hours and had already caught about 10 pinfish. These traps are the bomb! Thanks for making a better mousetrap (so to speak) nice to meet you today.
Jody

1 - 3 of 3 Posts