Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught a decent redfish on a jig I tied myself. Super satisfying feeling. I'm experiemnting with bucktail jigs instead of soft plastics and I made these ones with dock lights in mind as well as for Spanish or bobos.

Used the bottom one tonight.

Fish is already in my belly only 1 hour out of the water.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Nice! Nothing like catching fish on a jig or fly you made yourself. How'd you cook the red?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! Nothing like catching fish on a jig or fly you made yourself. How'd you cook the red?
Its my first attempt at making jigs and even though they arent the pretties they were good enough to catch fish. Ive been getting skunked at the lights lately and I'm so glad that a hand tied jig is what changed that for me. I read a book about bucktail jig fishing and I'm going to spend the rest of the year dialing in different patterns to see how I can do. Off to a good start!

Fried, batter consited of Busch lite, Tony's, siracha hot sauce, and flour. On a sandwich with pickles onions spinach and spicy mustard. Yummm

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have some clean and dried bucktail. I live on the West side Pensacola. You can have it if you want it. Chuck
I appreciate that very much, I'm over in fort walton so that's a long drive. Id be more that happy to PayPal you some money for shipping plus profit if your willing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts