Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read some posts on PFF about Half Hitch. Stopped in yesterday. Good selection and good prices. Folks were very knowledgeable and friendly. They will be getting my business. Spread the word.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
Half Hitch huh where?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I've had some good experiences and some bad experiences...when I have to use half hitch (when i'm in the destin/navarre area) I try to always do business with dwayne at the navarre store. Super nice guy

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
biggamefishr (4/13/2010)I've had some good experiences and some bad experiences...when I have to use half hitch (when i'm in the destin/navarre area) I try to always do business with dwayne at the navarre store. Super nice guy
Thats what I'm talking about!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have been going to the one in Panama City for about 14yrs, have never had a problem getting GOOD info out of the staff, and if they don't know, they will get an answer for you. Biggest problem I see with them is that they cant afford to pay the amount of staff they need to keep up with the amount of business they have so you may have to wait a few minutes, well worth the information and know how they are willing to part with, ANYONE who is new to the area or to fishing should check em out. ANYONE who has fished for years, check em out.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I only get to the Destin store a couple of times a year but I am always impressed by their selection of tackle. About the only store I have ever been in that carries Owner hooks in the bulk packs. Their jig making supplies is top notch also. They put the Bass Pro in Destin to shame. Just goes to show there will always be a place for the independant tackle shop.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I shope at the Destin and Navarre locations several times a year. Dwayne at the Navarre store is an awesome guy and great to deal with. If you need anything contact Dwayne on the forum as Redfish and he'll hookyou up!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Kudos out to Dwayne at the Navarre HHT store! He is full of knowledge andknows what he's talkin' about too. Super nice guy and loves to interact with the customers! Not sure if that store could be the same without him being in there!

Tight Lines!

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
That store would 100% not be the same if he was gone. Dwayne is a great guy for sure and will bend over backward to help you out. Dwayne should post his work schedule so you would never leave not happy. Big thumbs up to the other guy who's name slipped my mind right now b/c he will put you on the fish also and is real nice. He has a brand new pimp daddy Ranger flats boat whichi'm completely jealous of and saving pennies for right now. Thethird guy in the shop well......................

·
Registered
470 Posts
Ditto on Dwayne being soooooo helpful! Always full of knowledge and is great to just be around. Maybe one day I can fish with the master.

Helps he's my older cousin too. Still always very helpful.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Thanks People for all the Kind words I Do My Best and Try to treat Someone the way I want to be treated when I walk into their Store!! and Thank's for your Support !!! Dwayne!! and BTW Cuz If My Capt would have put meon some fish we Might Have Got More!!:poke

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Bullshark (4/13/2010)That store would 100% not be the same if he was gone. Dwayne is a great guy for sure and will bend over backward to help you out. Dwayne should post his work schedule so you would never leave not happy. Big thumbs up to the other guy who's name slipped my mind right now b/c he will put you on the fish also and is real nice. He has a brand new pimp daddy Ranger flats boat whichi'm completely jealous of and saving pennies for right now. Thethird guy in the shop well......................
Yeah I know who your talking about when you refer to the "third guy". He's about the most unfriendly guy when it comes to customer service. Instead of what can I do for you it's more like what can't I do for you! He should follow by example and pay attention to Dwayne and the other guy that works there, they are great!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Dwayne knows his stuff and is great with all of his customers. Glen is always smilin when you see him...good guy too. Had some concerns about Ben and the way he was but decided since he was not all that chatty with me that I would turn it around and get chatty with him. Asked him a few questions about some knots he was using as he was spooling a new reel for me and he lit up. He was more than happy to explain to me the proper way (and an easier technique)to tie a bimini twist and a yucatan knot and took the time with me to make sure that I was tying them right and how to look for details that could make the knots fail. Before it was all over we were talkin like old friends...still are. My take on this is that he just may not be the ice breaker type personality that Dwayne and Glen are but in that head of his,when you finally meet him, is more information than you would believe. I get good advice from him every time I go in there now and we talk about what we are fishing for and catching and the tactics we are using. Many thanks to all of ya'll down there at Half Hitch:bowdown

·
Registered
470 Posts
If you remember correctly we chummed alot that day.

I wasnt complaining about the amount we caught I just cant wait to go again. I am so hating I dont have a boat anymore. Looking all the time, but also know all these kids come before my wants.

Call me some time, I am ready to take some time off during the week. Even if it is, just to throw your anchor to the bottom of the bay!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts