Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let everyone know guy harvey will be at the bealls dept store in the village oakes shopping center on davis hwy from 1 to 3 this saturday dec 8 purchase something and get it signed by him

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was in there yesterday and saw signs that said if you bring in a new toy ($10 or more),you will get a free poster for him to sign, while supplies last.
Also, for every Guy Harvey purchase, Bealls will donate $1.00 to the local USO and Guy Harvey will match it and will present the check to the USO Saturday.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Sorry but I can't support Guy Harvey. I will not buy/wear one of his shirts etc.

Reason being per the web link below his organization supports the idea that Red Snapper are "overfished" and indicates that people should refrain from eating them. Ultimately, I am concerned that buying "Guy Harvey's" stuff, will provide more money for his "research institute" and that will result in less fishing "privileges for me and you, the recreational fisherman.

http://guyharveysislandshop.wordpress.com/2007/10/11/guy-harveys-island-grill-makes-a-difference/

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I don't support Guy Harvey; the guy's an ass. My daughter worked for him at the Guy Harvey restaurant in Orange Beach and she also went to Georgia to establish a new place for him and let me say he's one shady businessman. He bounced paychecks, refused to send out required tax forms, etc. and the list goes on. I’ll pass.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Not much of a guy harvey fan. Guy has way too much power of the fisheries in my opinion. My breaking point was when he began manufacturing the hook removal tool and then got Florida to require that everyone buy one of his tools.

·
Registered
10,262 Posts
I will second all the bad comments about GH and would like to add some of my own........... But wont

·
Kitchen Wench @ A&W
84 Posts
I'm neutral on GH but for anyone's info he will be at the USO on NAS Pensacola on Sat 12/8 from 3:30 til? just thought i would pass it on

·
Indiana Jones
865 Posts
Ill probably go over and see him cause Ill be fishing there anyways lol but where is the uso at?

·
Kitchen Wench @ A&W
84 Posts
GH

OH cornflake why do you make it so hard for me to explain how to get there? OK i will try to make it as easy as possible for you - if you know where the old vetinary clinic is the USO is kind of kitty corner from there also another way to explain it is it is kind of next to the family service center bldg but i don;t know the name of the road i;m thinking it is ellyson ave but i am not 100% sure oh wait hold on a minute i just found my uso volunteer form in my purse - here is the address and phone number - 153 Ellyson ave, bldg 625D 850-455-828 hope that helps - Judy

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,525 Posts
I've heard good and bad about Guy Harvey. It's all about him, but he does contribute and help toward good stewardship for our fisheries.

But in the long run he is a businessman.

Jim

1 - 20 of 30 Posts