Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a really good (really, really good) gunsmith in the Baldwin Co. or Pensacola area?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Terry Marsh 850-327-6487
Agreed on Terry, great guy! I'm not sure on the extent of his gun smithing, but I've had him do trigger work and had him give a few guns a deep cleaning and I've been very satisfied with the work. He can also get you some great deals on quality brand Optics as well.

·
Registered
471 Posts
terry

Agreed on Terry, great guy! I'm not sure on the extent of his gun smithing, but I've had him do trigger work and had him give a few guns a deep cleaning and I've been very satisfied with the work. He can also get you some great deals on quality brand Optics as well.
x1what both about guys said.great guy great work

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
he is in more like walnut hill almost to the grain elevators
Ok might be the same fella, I have a 1943 British 303 MK1 or MK11 I need cleaned and heard there is a guy in molino that does great work on these rifles. I know it fires but I nrrd it cleaned and am not comfortable doing it myself. I do everything else but I'm just not comfortable with this one for some reason.

·
Duerwood Willis
1,748 Posts
Ok might be the same fella, I have a 1943 British 303 MK1 or MK11 I need cleaned and heard there is a guy in molino that does great work on these rifles. I know it fires but I nrrd it cleaned and am not comfortable doing it myself. I do everything else but I'm just not comfortable with this one for some reason.
A lot of people will reference him as in Molino, but technically he lives in Enon.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought a really great looking rifle that has a small burr on it. It's an incredibly nice gun and I don't want anything subpar on this one. Thanks.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,639 Posts
Where? More info will get you more help. I use certain Smiths for certain jobs. Help us help you.
^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
There is a small burr on the handle of the bolt. It will more than likely have to be lightly sanded/polished and reblued. I just want to make sure I use someone who will be able to match the bluing with the rest of the gun. The gun is a Kimber BGR 89 that is an amazing looking/shooting gun. Quality work is an absolute must.

I also have a Ruger M77/22 Magnum with the heavy barrel that has the All Weather (gray) finish on it. There are a couple of spots where the gray finish has worn off and I would love to find someone that can restore it to the original finish.

·
Super Moderator
20,325 Posts
There is a small burr on the handle of the bolt. It will more than likely have to be lightly sanded/polished and reblued. I just want to make sure I use someone who will be able to match the bluing with the rest of the gun. The gun is a Kimber BGR 89 that is an amazing looking/shooting gun. Quality work is an absolute must.

I also have a Ruger M77/22 Magnum with the heavy barrel that has the All Weather (gray) finish on it. There are a couple of spots where the gray finish has worn off and I would love to find someone that can restore it to the original finish.
How old is the Kimber? I think you would be surprised that Kimber might help with this issue depending on the age of the gun, especially if the gun came from the factory that way. I'm not real up to date on blueing. It I would imagine it would be difficult to get an exact color match. I don't know anyone around here that could do that but there is a couple companies up north that does outstanding blueing work but can't remember who off the top of my head.

As far as the Ruger you're more than likely gonna have to have the entire gun repainted. I have a couple Rugers that have the same issue and after thinkIng about having then redone I talked myself out of it. They are guns I hunt with and if they get a little scratch or knock it adds personality. I buy guns to use them so there will be some minor wear from normal use. I take exceptional care of of the bores, actions, etc but outside wear is part of hunting. I'll do some looking on the blueing companies in a little.

·
Super Moderator
20,325 Posts
Who would you use to put a new front sight on a Series 70 Colt Government Model ? It needs to be staked in. (there's a little indented "box" there)
I don't have a clue of any pistol Smiths. My guess would be to talk to Rick Rankin or Jays and I'm not sure if either one of them could do it.

Now I thought about it. I think I remember hearing something about Jim McCollough doing pistol work. Might do a search for him. He is up towards Selma. I own a couple of his custom rifles and am pleased with his work. He is an old timer and has forgot more that most Smiths know, super great guy.

·
Registered
471 Posts
If you are worrried that much about the match, Send them back to the factory, they are set up to doing that, they do it all the time. I don't know of any one around here that could do it the the way that you are asking. You will need alll of the metal done at one time to match. I wouldn't touch them for you. Just my 95 cents jj

1 - 20 of 20 Posts