Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Plenty of people take firearms on their boats. Not certain of the regulations, but I think they are more lax in Fed waters. We used to take a bunch of coconuts offshore and whack them with pistols. If you are thinking about a handgun, I'd make sure you have a carry permit. As for rifles/shotguns...I see no reason you could'nt. Discharging one within a couple miles of the beach would probably be a bad idea and is probably illegal. Just remember that the bullets will ricochet if the hit the water at an extreme angle. Have fun.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
lbhuntley (11/11/2007)I hope you're not serious, but if you are why would you want a firearm on your boat?
Because you never know when your going to run into some idiots. I had some guys approach me at the navy point boat ramp around midnight and they werent interested in how many fish I had. I never pulled, showed or even spoke of a gun but i was glad that it was within reach if it were needed. I feel 100% possitive that they were sizing me up but somthing told them to move on. I would have hated to shoot one of them. But I would have.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
lbhuntley (11/11/2007)I hope you're not serious, but if you are why would you want a firearm on your boat?
I don't leave home without one, thus including aboard a boat. Although if launching from a military base I leave it at the boat owners house, or in my truck if it is not going on base. Boat owner is aware of gun. Why you might ask.......for the very reason they are made.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pirates man! nah just kidding. there's a lot of stupid people in this world and i'm not afraid to pop a cap in somebodies ass. there's one always in my vehicleswith a permit to back it up, but have never put one in the boat, was thinking about taking but didn't know if my permit still applied, surely so.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Because you can pry my cold dead fingers...Rock Island Armory 1911 .45 Tactical ACP...SR

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
There was a topic about this on the old forum, But I remember a guy talking about he was sleeping on his boat sometime when alot of ppl were Camping out at Fort Mcrae and he awoke to someone coming in his Cabin door.. The guy said something and left.. He said next thing he remembers is the FWC coming around with a big spotlight..

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats what i was thinking, i could see it causing problems if i was popping pelicans or turtles, i wouldn't do that. i've heard stories about crazy shtuff happening, and i'd like to come home after my fishing trip and be floating out in the gulf while some jack off is riding in my boat.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I carry mine on the boat was told that it was somthing like beeing in your car not completly but somthing like it I knowe if you ar on the river hunting or somthing like that you halfe to shut the moter down and probly stop the boat we thought about careying my 30 cal on the boat for cudas

·
Registered
782 Posts
you can have a firearm on the boat, i even believe in fl. you can wear a holstered gun on your side while on a boat with no ccp. or permit. if you are taking game on land the boat can't be under power of any sort. i am pretty sure.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Departed Venice LA for lumps...Got boarded with weapon aboard. Told River Police (not game wardens)I had weapon aboard. He was glad I told him I had it...checked out papers and safety equipment,outcome...have a safe trip.I carry a CC and although it was not needed, as it wasn't concealed. Your auto and boat are extensions of your home.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Totally Legal to carry one on a boat........

http://www.bucksgunrack.com/gunlaws.htm or see attachment

First page column on right...#4

"Unless covered under the exceptions it is unlawful to openly carry on or about the person any firearm........without a license."

<U>Exceptions.... #4</U>

#4 "Persons engaged in fishing, camping or hunting and while going to or from such activity."

End of story.

whipper snapper (11/11/2007)you can have a firearm on the boat, i even believe in fl. you can wear a holstered gun on your side while on a boat with no ccp. or permit. if you are taking game on land the boat can't be under power of any sort. i am pretty sure.
Close....but the use of a paddle is ok.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 80 Posts